Resources Reminder: Don't distribute code you don't own!

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by Z750, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z750

IRC Staff

Hello everyone,

There has been lots of talk about the resources section and what we can do together to improve it, however I'd like to remind everyone that you cannot distribute other people's work without their permission. Whether that be a plugin, another resource, or someone else's code. Please don't.
    This includes your resource dependencies! (I'm looking at you Skript developers!).

Premium plugins that do this will not be approved, and free resources that are found doing it will receive a message from myself asking them to resolve it. Hopefully they do and no further action will be needed, if they don't we'll deal with that when we find it. Users that see plugins doing this can report them if they feel so inclined. Although this isn't technically a rule change, we'll treat it similar to one, meaning we'll ease into it and not start going crazy harassing existing resources, but they too should be updated to remove any third-party plugins they're including with their work.

Developers needing a specific version of a plugin, for example Skript, can link to specific versions (both BukkitDev and SpigotMC Resources support this), or include instructions or a readme in their resource's download. By extension, please link to the official versions of these plugins, not your random mediafire upload. Doing so, again, violates SpigotMC rules, and represents a potential security issue for end users!

Finally, I'd like to thank all of you. Both the developers and the end users. It's because of both groups that we're able to support this community and mutually benefit from all of the awesome work going on here! Thanks to the developers writing these resources, free and premium, thanks to the users downloading and buying their resources, and thanks to everyone who reports rule violations! We absolutely could not do our jobs without all of you!

Together, we can all continue to improve the resources section and make it a better place for everyone.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.