1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Crash Restart on Crash

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by tschagg, May 10, 2013.

1. Hey guys, seems to be the restart on crash stopped workin on spigot 1.5.2...

it worked for me perfect in 1.4.7, but now, after a crash, its like freezed, i cant execute any command and i've to kill the java process.

config:
    Code (Text):
      restart-on-crash: true
      restart-script-location: /MineResort/mc/script.sh
    script:
    Code (Text):
    #!/bin/bash
    java -Xmx14G -Xms1G -XX:MaxPermSize=80M -jar spigot.jar
    my normal startup script is in a permanent loop to, that means, if i stop the server, it do a automatic restart after its stopped.

but it seems like after the crash, the server cant stop.

any solutions?

2. I have this problem and I haven't find any single solution by looking in the entire forums on spigot.

3. its for me also strange because i am using linux and i do /restart or its crashed it wont restart otherwise i have to deal with multicraft (paid)

4. I wish there was a script so that when you reboot your dedicated server, the script open all screen sessions one by one and perform "/save-all" command then perform "/stop" then close the screen sessions then reboot the dedicated server then start screen sessions one by one for each server and start each server on each screen session.

5. well i want to restart 1 single server but yea if i am doing it on windows with bat files it works but with screen sessions nope

6. you can make a script sending these commands to the screens.

7. How?

8. By looking deep in Spigot forums I couldn't find a useful complete script that runs and does everything.

I know that we can send commands to screen with this command:
    Code (Text):
    screen -X -S <screenname> <Command>
    But I don't know how to write init script and I have no idea where to save it.
    I'm noob at linux and Everytime I reboot my dedicated server I have to start all servers one by one including teamspeak server.
    Also I want to setup backup scripts (probably in my dream) I don't think I can ever make that happen.

9. try webmin for making cron jobs etc that will make it maybe easy!

10. But how?!