Spigot Rugged Trails 0.4.1

The paths traveled more often will show wear and tear.

1. It seems that this is becoming a popular request, so I will add it!

Tho I have never heard of the mud idea, and I really like it. It makes it like a cycle which is really nice and what I intend for this plugin.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just for reference, in convention this is how most software (even outside plugins) determine their version.

Version 1.2.3.4
    1: Major revision, these are incompatible of upgrading from a previous version (i.e. new UI, lots of new features, conceptual change, etc.)
    2: Minor revision, these should be backwards compatible (i.e. change to a search box, 1 feature added, collection of bug fixes)
    3: Bug fix release
    4: Build number (if used)—that's why you see the .NET framework using something like 2.0.4.2709

I do not know of any popular plugins that bother with the Build Number.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. So would my plugin be on 0.2.0 or 0.0.2 by this standard?

I assume 0.2.0.

Edit: Or I guess 0.2.1

4. So moving forward you could incorporate those guides if you wanted. If for example you patched a bug that was disconnecting players randomly, that would be a bug fix/patch version change.

There is nothing wrong with having a version like... V0.89.2 for example.

Unfortunately these practices are mostly only used by the top plugin creators such as Vault, Essentials, and WorldEdit. So it is a good and professional convention to work with.

5. You are teaching me a lot. Before this, I just assumed that it was kinda a free for all and people just numbered things how they felt made sense. But this format is much better.

6. No problem. I like sharing my knowledge. I only wish I had more time to work on my plugins, but I've been quite busy and lost some motivation since I program all day at work too haha.

7. I know how you feel. I came to Spigot because the original work I was doing demotivated me. So here’s a I am, learning Java and trying to make a half decent impact.

8. Suggestion to add an options for whether monsters or animals also make trails ;)

EDIT

Oh yes and World support, WG and towny region support as well if possible too plz

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Joeldesante updated Rugged Trails with a new update entry:

Paths and a config.

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. suggestion to add disable for other gamemodes

11. Sometimes when a player steps on a block and it changes, the player gets stuck/freezes for a couple of seconds

12. Thanks,
    This bug is already noted here: https://github.com/JoelDesante/RuggedTrails/issues/6

I will work on fixing it today

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm jealous of how much attention your plugin is getting haha. Glad to see you are getting feedback for bugs and improvement ideas.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Lol, honestly I know how you feel. But your advice has really helped me. So thank you.

15. Joeldesante updated Rugged Trails with a new update entry:

The all new Version 0.4!

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Excellent work :)

Suggestions
    • To make options in config that let you choose whether or not NPCs create trails
    • To make options in config that let you choose whether or not Mobs create trails
    • If the previous suggested option is added and enabled to also add a blacklist where you can type in mob names that you don't want to make trails
    Btw in your last update post after line 3 u typed rails instead of trails (might wanna edit that so ppl don't misunderstand ;))

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Thank you so much for your response. I fixed the typo. I will add those suggestions to the GitHub issues page so that they can be queued up for addition.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wow this plugin is amazing thanks for making it! I'd recommend adding the probability option for each block type instead of using total probability for all blocks like so
    Code (YAML):
    default_path:
      STONE
    :
        - COBBLESTONE
         Probablility
    : 0.0001
      ANDESITE
    :
        - COARSE_DIRT
       Probablility
      DIORITE
    :
        - COARSE_DIRT
        Probablility
      GRANITE
    :
        - COARSE_DIRT
        Probablility
      GRASS_BLOCK
    :
        - COARSE_DIRT
        Probablility
    : 0.05
      COBBLESTONE
    :
        - COARSE_DIRT
        Probablility
    : 0.01
      COARSE_DIRT
    :
        - DIRT
        Probablility
    EDIT -
    I also suggest adding a separate probability setting for the mudding feature

PS: As far as probability goes how does it measure? Does 1.0 mean 100% or would I actually have to type 100.0?

#40 Alter-Ego, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019