Running essentials economy and iConomy together..

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by yoyowhatsup13913, May 23, 2015.

1. Hey, I've bungee'd my servers and would like to create a cross-server currency.

My main towny server has a default essentials economy ($$ to buy towns, plots, shops..) and would have to run alongside this secondary economy.

I'd like to know how I'd install a different economy to run alongside my default one without overwriting or conflicting. The secondary would need to be given out only by command as a reward system.

I've tried just installing iConomy over the top of the current currency but it just overrode the essentials economy forcing everyone to start at $10 again (towns, residents, shops...) and me to spend the next hour or so working on rollbacks. Is there a safe way to ensure iConomy wont override the essentials?
    Thanks!

2. Tux

Tux

There's virtually no way to do that. You will need another economy plugin that does not hook into Vault.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! Will see what I can do.

4. Search for CraftConomy supports bungeecord and I use it myself and many other I think?

5. Hooks into Vault though right? Means it'll overwrite the current essentials currency the same way iConomy or FeConomy would.

6. There's no point in using 2 economy systems. Use something like CraftConomy that has mySQL support for multiple servers. If you want a secondary vote/reward currency, use PlayerPoints. It's well supported among many shop plugins like ChestCommands.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. I'd suggest buying a domain before you start a network instead of using a numerical IP address.

8. Thanks guys, I think that's all the info I need.

I'll trial PlayerPoints tonight and see if I can create a decent system.