Ryzen 5 5600X for 100 stable slots?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by JonRahm, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Hello.

I created a topic the other day in another subforum because I currently have a VPS with spigot and when it reaches 15 players online the performance of the server's TPS plummets ... and then it always stays like that and I have to restart the server so that it returns to be stable and when it reaches 15 players again it starts again ... that's why I thought about changing and buying a dedicated server. I have 1.16.5.

Current VPS:

CPU - AMD EPYC 7282 8Vcore
    RAM - 30 GB
    STORAGE - 800 GB SSD
    Provider - Contabo

Dedicated server that I want to buy:

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X 6 Cores & 3.7GHz/4.6GHz
    RAM - 32 GB DDR4 2666MHz
    STORAGE - 1TB NVMe
    Provider - OVH

I will use paper since I understand that for approximately 1.12+ it is the best. Could it host 100 online players with a stable 18-20 TPS on a survival server? We must remember that this server will be loaded by itself by all users with farms etc ... I will use the aikar flags, the optimization guide and others, which optimization is not a problem. If this dedicated server is not capable of holding 100 slots, what dedicated server should I buy? I see many servers with many online users and they have no problems, I just want to have a server with a maximum of 100 players. Sorry for my english, thx.

2. The reason you are seeing lag is because of your provider, Contabo, but you're more than welcome to run a timings report and paste it here for us to verify. You can also see this thread here & my comment: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/is-contabo-a-good-host-apr-2021.501451/

OVH does have good servers and a 5600X should be able to handle 100 players online but there's more to player count than just hardware specs. You have to think about plugins, mods (if applicable), optimization of your configuration files, world pre-generation, entities, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I already put it, thanks, but even so that Contabo vps I do not think it will pass to the 15 players online in any way.