Saw 1.10.2 is up on minecraft.net

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by mistermsk, Jun 28, 2016.

1. I saw that 1.10.2 is up on minecraft.net. However, I didn't see anything on the front page.

Any issues with update Spigot to it?

2. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Spigot is already updated, Just run buildtools to get the latest version.

3. It is not illegal. This is a website that just gives out the jars without having to decompile BuildTools.

4. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Distribution of the final jar files are illegal. Why the heck do you think we have BuildTools, It's so Spigot isn't illegally distributing the final code.

5. My mistake then. Thank you for pointing that out to me clearly @electronicboy

6. Thank you, electronicboy. Interesting other discussion going on, too. I use build tools. I was just wondering if any issues were encountered that is all.

7. Spigot doesn't post about every update. From what I've seen they only announce the big ones (1.8, 1.9, 1.10) or ones that will not be compatible with other versions. For example, if 1.10.2 was not compatible with 1.10 clients or plugins I think they would announce it. If its an update that is fully compatible with everything from before, they will just release it silently and expect you to run /version in-game to make sure your up to date. I think they have released around 40 versions (little bug fixes and what not) since 1.10.2 came out.