Solved Scoreboard compatibility issues

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by j3kennard, May 9, 2017.

1. Hi, so I currently am working on making one of my plugins compatible with other Scoreboard plugins.

This is what it currently does:
    • On server startup or plugin reload, it loads all the groups (each with their own tab list/name tag formats) to the main scoreboard as teams with their group-specific prefix/suffix.
    • When a player joins, chats, or the plugin is reloaded, it updates their tag by adding them to the correct team in the main scoreboard based on permissions.
    My issue is that if the player is using a plugin that works with a scoreboard other than the main one, one of the plugins will break since they are incompatible.

How would I make it so they are compatible? I know that if there are multiple Scoreboards (i.e. if one player has a different Scoreboard than another) the tab list/name tag prefixes/suffixes won't be visible, so how would you recommend I solve this problem?

2. Don't use the main scoreboard. When someone joins, check if their scoreboard is the main one and set it to their own one. Then create all the teams and add all the players on their own scoreboard, this may seem ineffective but its the only way to maintain compatibility and per-user different sidebars. (There might be a way do this via packets, probably is but that just over-complicates things)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Okay I'll give this a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks man :>

4. Worked great. Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1