Solved Scoreboard maximum line length

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by davidcubesvk, Apr 17, 2019 at 1:28 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I'd like to ask, what's the maximum reachable characters per line on scoreboard.

I know the way how to make 32 characters, by using team prefix and suffix, but how can be done 48 characters? By adding offline player to the team or?

And, is there any other maximum of characters per line?

Thanks.

2. If you are using 1.13, prefix and suffixes have been changed to have a limit of 64 characters.

3. Q1: Then, I can have at least 128 characters long line only with prefix and suffix, but what about the offlineplayer to add 16 characters?

Q2: What about under 1.13 when they are supposed to be smaller than 17 characters?

4. Entries on a scoreboard have no maximum length, are you using this on player's nametags or on a sidebar?

5. Wait. Then, on the scoreboard line looks like this:

Team_Entries Team_Prefix Team_Suffix?

6. I use 16 characters from prefix and suffix (total of 32) and then add another 16 with the entry, which makes it a total of 48 (1.8 scoreboard)

7. Yes and entry can be only 16 characters long?

Also let's say I have set the team prefix and suffix, also it's entry. The scoreboard will display like this:
    Team_Entry Team_Prefix Team_Suffix ?

8. No, it will be Team_Prefix Team_Entry Team_Suffix

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok thanks, and how long can team entry be?

10. If I remember correctly it was limited to 16 characters.

11. Thanks, so scoreboard line on 1.8 - 1.12 can be 48 characters long and on 1.13+ can be 128+16=144 characters long. Is it correct?

12. As far as I know that's how it works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.