Spigot SeaShells 1.7.2

Find items in sand

1. smmmadden

Benefactor

Just curious as this might be something I'd like to add to my servers.
    What functional use can be done with the Sea Shell once it is found and picked up?
    Can they be crafted into something or used in something like an item frame for decoration?
    Is there only one type of sea shell or are there a variety?
    Thanks -Steve

2. Hey Steve, the shells can be used to craft conduits, you can see more info here -> https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Nautilus_Shell <-
    Thanks for your reply!

• Like Like x 1
  3. smmmadden

Benefactor

any chance in adding a command and permission node to reload the configuration file changes? Like /seashells reload - especially when we're testing to make sure the shells are appearing. :)

4. I will look at that, thanks for the suggestion! (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. smmmadden

Benefactor

Awesome!! Thank you!

6. Can we change the Sea shells drop rate in the config i assume?

Also do you plan to add more Sea shells types that drop from sand?
    Maybe make Sand Submerged in Oceans(only oceans) has extra sea drops so ocean exploration feels more meaningful! :D

Perhaps add some uses to these new shells you add (player heads that mimic irl shell types).

7. smmmadden

Benefactor

Just tested the /shellsreload with 1.1.2 and it works perfectly in-game. However, from the console (PaperSpigot build 245 1.13.1) it throws an exception and also references v1.1.0 which is incorrect.
    > shellsreload
    [22:27:17 WARN]: Unexpected exception while parsing console command "shellsreload"
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'shellsreload' in plugin Seashells v1.1.0
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:151) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:726) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:688) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.aU(DedicatedServer.java:472) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.b(DedicatedServer.java:429) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:940) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:838) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.destroystokyo.paper.console.TerminalConsoleCommandSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
    at com.shells.www.shellsreload.onCommand(shellsreload.java:13) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) ~[patched_1.13.1.jar:git-Paper-245]
    ... 8 more

Looks like you forgot to increment the plugin.yml version on your last couple updates
    upload_2018-9-11_22-36-47.png

8. Hey Steve, sorry for the inconvenience. The problems should be fixed now, I made the plugin assume that players would execute that command instead of consoles. Thanks for notifying me of the error!
    ---
    EDIT: The plugin will be uploaded soon with a new feature.

~Dylan

#13 TheThingGoes, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into these. (y)

10. Have you had a chance to consider "new" shell and goodies yet to drop from sand?
    If you do go through with said idea you should make it rely on said biome and if the block is in water has higher chance if its in the ocean has x drops and if its a shore next to an ocean has different sand drops :D

Also does this plugin work in 1.13.1?
    I was hoping to make the Nautilis shells drop at like 0.25% chance to drop.

11. Hi! Here's a summary:
    - I've decided that I'll keep it with only one shell.
    - I might add the ocean biome idea, but there already is beach biome in the config. I'll consider it though.
    - It works in 1.13.1
    - [EDIT] It should be able to handle 0.0025 (0.25%)

I hope it helped.
    ~Dylan

#18 TheThingGoes, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  12. Great plugin but it should have better drop if a player has an enchantment fortune 1,2,3 etc

• Agree Agree x 1