Sending a BungeeCord-Wide message via bukkit plugin?

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Development' started by iTristan, May 5, 2013.

1. Hello,

I am the developper of AutoWalls and I run the SuperWalls server and I run automated "The Walls" matches. I wouldd like to broadcast messages to the entire bungeecord network when a server restarts and an new The Walls game is ready.

I would like to know if this is possible using only Bukkit and the BungeeCord plugin channel like server connections or if I need to create a seperate bungee plugin with a new plugin channel to communicate with the bukkit plugins.

Thanks,
    -Tristan

2. Thanks, I don't think it is possible then.

3. You can just use the command /alert <message>, it will broadcast the same message to every server listed under 'servers:' in your BungeeCord config.yml, and you can probably get a plugin developer to make a plugin that will run the /alert command when a game is over and a server is restarting.

4. or create a plugin that will simply run /alert Restarting the walls arena # whenever it restarts by hooking into the servers the walls plugin.

5. He already knows what to do, he just doesn't know _How_. Although I do have a fork of my own fork and I think I figured out how, we'll see.

6. Tux

Tux

You can have listen on a plugin channel on both the BungeeCord and Bukkit side and send messages that way. BungeeCord allows plugins to listen on arbitrary plugin message channels.