1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Server bungee (3 server on a machine) always crash

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by essentiial, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Hello, i m essentiial and i m french :x

I explain my problem, I have 3 servers running on the same machine and I had no worries, bungee works perfectly but since two days I have to repeat crashes on my 3 servers and there is just always ready the same error for two small servers and any other error for the larger server

à chaque fois je dois redémarrer les serveurs, je n'ai aucun soucis de plugins car ils sont tous à jours et les crashs ne peuvent pas avoir un rapport car c'est 3 serveurs différents

When a crash of my biggest server logs here :
    http://pastebin.com/P9rinvtq

After my small server :
    http://pastebin.com/fuCXNig5

And my last small server :
    http://pastebin.com/rmdYQUmE

I can not stand because I can not find the problem .. Please help me

2. Mikgreg

Supporter

com.skitscape.survivalgames.Game$NightChecker.run(Game.java:721)
    com.skitscape.survivalgames.Game$EndgameManager.run(Game.java:746)

Does it happen whenever a survival games finishes?

3. No, because in the three servers I have a Skyblock server a Freebuild server and the server with games and Semi-rp and yet it always crash in the same way

crashes even spend the night when there's nobody

4. If i read the french at the top right there are too many files open (for some reason) try chopping down some plugins and updating them.

5. joehot200

Supporter

Code (Text):

04:48:16 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.PlayerList.getSeenPlayers(PlayerList.java:1024)

Try removing any plugins that hide players, for example essentials /vanish command, VanishNoPacket, etc.

6. The trouble again is that the error "at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.PlayerList.getSeenPlayers (PlayerList.java 1024)
    "Comes from Freeland server, the server or there is not / or vanishNoPacket vanish.

I still pulled the plug on the primary server

7. I deleted a lot of plugins such as Creative Control that turned him on a database locally and very compleat, I do not know if you've seen as there is a message that says it can not saved the report crash and then it repeats (Too many open Master File)

8. Mikgreg

Supporter

Do you have disguisecraft? People disguising as other players could mess with the playerlist..

9. So many people suggesting bad ideas. You just have a 'too many files open' issue. The thread dumps are as a result of the server timing out after the crash.

10. joehot200

Supporter

mbaxter we are just trying to help xD.

Is there any way he can fix that or prevent it from happening again?

11. Well make sure you are right lol.
    How could he fix it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. So if you look at the logs, the error that starts it all says "trop de fichiers ouvert" - now I speak enough French to know what it means, but in case you don't a simple Google translate says: "too many open files"; which is what mbaxter said.

To fix it, depending on your Linux distro you need to raise the maximum number of file descriptors system wide and per user. Usually you can get it done by editing /etc/sysctl.conf and adding (or editing):

Code (Text):

fs.file-max=65535

Or raising it as needed.

Then you need to probably edit /etc/security/limits.conf and either add or modify a line such as this:

Code (Text):

minecraft soft nofile 65535
    minecraft hard nofile 65535

Which allows the "minecraft" user to use up to 65535 open files (basically everything the kernel will let the entire system have). Tweak as appropriate.

You also may have to dive into your PAM setup, find the file for a session (on most systems /etc/pam.d/common-session) and add:

Code (Text):

session required pam_limits.so

Make sure your sshd config has

Code (Text):

UseLogin Yes

in it somewhere, or things may go tits up on the logging-back-in department.

And that should sort that out, although you will have to reload your sysctl config - probably it's better to just restart the entire machine.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Thank you for your answers, I'll see it all at once. crashes stopped in my small servers with this error and now my great server with survivalgames plugin I get this error after a won game, I could see that I was not the only one but if you have an answer to the problem that has me very common area?

http://pastebin.com/0jY5f5j4

My server turned 230 connected constant for 1 month and now it crash for silly things like this, I'll be sure to check for the "too many open file" is that you told me I was the very consistent area.

This forum is really great members especially with your quick response and compleat