Server Competition - Tangible Items

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Outlaw11A, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Just wondering Spigot Community,

Have you guys ever ran a competition before for prizes? In specific, tangible prizes? (a physical item)

If so, how did it go for you?

Thoughts, comments, ideas, recommendations are greatly appreciated. :)

2. Outlaw11A

Supporter

3. One and old server I used to run, we had a build contest and sent out t-shits to the winner.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Outlaw11A

Supporter

How did that go for you?

5. Fine, he got it and was happy. Cheap too b/c he was from Australia.

6. Sounds like a cool idea MICHAELBYRNEfbi, thats the first I have heard of someone giving away something from a minecraft server, its usually just a rank or a in game object.

7. Well, I thought it would be fun, they all worked really really hard. It also makes the server seem like more of a community in my opinion.

8. jeff142

Benefactor

Well i give out gift codes often. I have mailed 2 when requested (the actual card ones).
    Nothing i normally do how ever.

9. Im thinking about sending out ipods or ipads in a contest

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Not really tangible, but we had an 80 steam game weekend give away a few weeks ago. Went pretty well. As for tangible items, not sure how well it would go down since some people are a little effiy (not even a real word I know) about giving out their names and addresses. Also might be a little more hard if the player is from a not so good country/town. (Hate to use the word good, but seemed better the dodgy).
    I believe jinx.com has a pretty decent range of item MC related items and ship to a lot of places, they cover the postage and tracking as well which is a little simpler.

11. Outlaw11A

Supporter

cheers guys.

12. Had a survival games tourney and the prize was my ex, his (the winner) mom did not agree.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Outlaw11A

Supporter

LOL