Server completely freezing

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by cuddylier, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Hi

Around every two hours my server freezes up completely with no errors whatsoever. Anyone else experiencing this with spigot? This never ever happened previous to 1.4.6.

2. Bump, anyone experience this?

3. I'm having the same problem too.

4. Glad I'm not on my own :) How often does it happen for you? Do you use bungeecord or just a normal spigot server?

#4 cuddylier, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. Same problem here.

6. Normal spigot server

7. Get a thread dump

8. http://pastebin.com/Q9P9fvP3
    Also, fix auto restart:
    Code (Text):
    2012-12-19 19:14:10 [SEVERE] ------------------------------
    2012-12-19 19:14:11 [INFO] Attempting to restart with start.bat
    2012-12-19 19:14:11 [SEVERE] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot kick player from asynchronous thread!
    2012-12-19 19:14:11 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.kickPlayer(CraftPlayer.java:219)
    2012-12-19 19:14:11 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.kickPlayer(CraftPlayer.java:214)
    2012-12-19 19:14:11 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.restart(CraftServer.java:1347)
    2012-12-19 19:14:11 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.util.WatchdogThread.run(WatchdogThread.java:80)

9. Looks like you're in the middle of a large worldedit operation.

10. Anything happening with worldedit? It looks like you have a very big worldedit operation running...

11. Yes, that was worldedit, sorry, but the other threaddump-less crashes are random, also I get "Buffer Overflow" kicks when snowballs are fired fast.

12. My servers are still freezing, I've found no solution yet no matter what I've tried. I have the plugin tpsreport but it isn't showing a thread dump on a freeze on 1/3 of my servers but it does show a thread dump on the other two servers, why would this be? Is there any alternative ways to get a thread dump when the server freezes for e.g. 10 seconds

13. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

During this freezing is your cpu usage nearing 100%?
    If so I may be on to something; need to speak to md_5

Im experiencing somewhat of the same thing; very random; sometimes happens after 3+ hours sometimes it doesn't - TPS stays at 20 but lag becomes quite mad and out of control.

14. I haven't watched my cpu usage during this but my cpu is usually always 80% plus but I'll watch it during the next freeze. My server also is constantly 20 tps when it freezes.

15. Yes, I didn't check the cpu, but the whole computer (especially the mouse pointer) becomes VERY laggy for about 1 minute. Also, all the players are kicked for "Buffer Overflow"

16. What plugins do you all have to compare?

17. 16:23:40 [INFO] Plugins (51): World Portal, GoogleCalculatorPlugin, mcjobs, PluginManager, Vault, Multiverse-Core, TreeAssist, UnderWaterTorch, PluginUpdater, NBTTagger, ThisLogMustDie, ProtocolLib, Votifier, GAListener, ChunkFixer, TimTheEnchanter, Citizens, NameGuard, FastResponder, Ban, NoCheatPlus, Skript, advancedDiode, PermissionsBukkit, ServerLink, ItemDuplicator, ChestRestock, CraftEverything, NoEnderDragon, PluginFake, CoreProtect, Gods, TimeLock, Lockette, RedstoneClockDetector, ClearLag, MyWarp, Motd, Essentials, Orebfuscator, EssentialsChat, WorldEdit, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsGeoIP, WorldGuard, Commandspy, Factions, PlotMe, ChestShop, RankChat, dynmap

Red: Plugins that are likely causing this

18. I only use nocheatplus out of the two red plugins, I am currently testing reducing the ram assigned to each of my servers to leave more than free on my dedicated box to avoid using the swap.

19. Orebfuscator is one of the most CPU intensive plugins ever, I'm sure it pre-renders everything which causes massive CPU usage. Your crash is related to WorldEdit. If you can, Terminate your server from the console. It's not the best option, but it is one.
    Regards.