Server Crash Log

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Nullinq, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I'm not completely sure what's causing my server to crash, so I'd appreciate any help given.
    Error:
    Code (Text):
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.LoginListener.d(LoginListener.java:155)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.LoginListener.a(LoginListener.java:151)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.NetworkManager.l(NetworkManager.java:312)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.ServerConnection.c(ServerConnection.java:145)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:875)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:378)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:713)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:616)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Also, here's my plugin list:
    upload_2020-2-9_14-55-46.png

2. I have the same problem since today.

3. After a few crashes, the server started running fine again so I don't know what the problem was.

4. Same for me

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am having the same problem. I figured out that there is always one player who is probably crashing the server. Does anyone have a fix for that?

6. Try removing their playerdata

7. The most time they are new people at first join. They try commands like /gm. Only a few seconds later, they are crashing the server.

8. 1.8 Spigot versions have an exploit that allows players to crash a server by numerous methods. It is recommend you update to the latest version to fix many exploits, which is the likely cause of your server crashing.

If you do not want to update there are a few plugins out there that can prevent this, NCP is one of the most commonly used AntiCheat that I know blocks this. There are likely other anticheats that also block the exploit.

9. @MSWS do you know how it is getting triggered?
    I got this Crasher and would like to write a fix for it.
    The Problem why i am asking is that the Crasher is an .exe File
    and written in cpp so i cant really read it

I mean null pointer at Login?

10. @Nullinq can you post some timings info?