Server crash

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Kira_07, Jul 9, 2015.

1. I'd need some help, my server (host = OVH) just crash randomly (1-2 times a day), no crash reports, nothing in the logs, the logs just stop and everyone is kicked for "Timed out". I'm then forced to kill the tmux and restart it, my login + bungeecord servers which are on the same machine aren't affected. I checked the packets history, it's not a ddos. It started when I changed my start.sh, I think a flag is responsible but I don't know which one and I can't just randomly remove one each day and I won't choose the easy option and just remove them all. Those flags incrase my performances a lot, I need to handle 400 players in one server instance. Here is the start.sh file:

#!/bin/bash
    java -server -Xms22G -Xmx22G -d64 -XX:+UseG1GC -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xnoclassgc -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseThreadPriorities -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ErrorFile=/dev/null -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -jar minecraft_server.jar
    if [ -f /home/minecraft/srvmc ]; then
    rm /home/minecraft/srvmc
    /home/minecraft/minecraft/minecraft/start.sh
    fi

Please tell me the one you think is responsible if you have an idea (I use java 8)
    Thanks in advance

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. You might be running out of memory or something weird. Try running buildtools again and use the latest version of spigot.

3. After some investigations seems like it's related to world edit, I don't know how, maybe a flag change the packets or something.. I currently use spigot protocol hack, in my country players don't like 1.8.

4. I had a problem on my server where plugin metrics was making it crash because it couldn't connect. You can disable it by going to:
    "YourMinecraftServerDirectory/plugins/PluginMetrics" and editing the config.yml

• Like Like x 1