Server crashing every 10-20 minutes.

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by stanklebein, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hi. I bought my own minecraft server with the latest spigot version. However, every 10-20 minutes it seems to crash and this error pops up:

21.01 09:30:54 [Server] INFO /jar/d-spigot-1.15.1.sh: line 143: 7 Killed "$JAVA" -Xmx"$MAX_MEMORY"M -Xms"$START_MEMORY"M -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -jar d-spigot-1.15.1.jar nogui --nojline

I have tried resetting the map, make a brand new world, deleting all plugins and upgrading my ram but the error still continues. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Anyway, what exactly does your start.sh file contain? Care to post the code here so we can see if there's anything wrong with it? It seems like at line 143 of that script there's something killing your server.

#2 mind_overflow, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2020
  3. ssamjh

When it says killed, it can mean the server ran out of RAM or maybe CPU.

Are you paying for Minecraft hosting? Or a Linux VM?

4. Please post your start cmd, software you're using (Mac, Windows, Linux) and any other errors it shows. Although it looks like you're running out of RAM!

5. 1.15 requires a lot more RAM / Hardware than for example 1.8

6. I suggest upgrading your host / specs.

7. please post us yours specifications and ram, or check with /lag

8. I use mchost.no to run the server and I have 3 gb with ram. However I do have about 20 plugins installed includig multiverse. How much RAM do you recommend me buying?

9. if I had to guess its related to that shell file. We get away with 3gb ram and 40ish plugins without even getting near 2/3 of our memory usage.