1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Crash Server crashing too many times help!

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by davewolax, May 23, 2015.

1. Server Crashes a lot of times, I tried to disabled some plugins but this didn't help. and I'm really confused what could cause this.

Here is the server Logs: CrashLog

2. the mention of ChunkRegions etc might be an indication of some chunk error causing this. if crashes only started recently you could delete the region files modified since that date (or use a backup of the world) and see if that fixes it? (then you could redo all builds since that point if you use logblock or similar).

3. Can you show us your plugins and spigot version ?

4. Java applications such as Minecraft, or the host who is running a jar server side version of Spigot (Java application) are only allowed to use limited amounts of memory. This limit is specified during application startup. To make things more complex, Java memory is separated into two different regions. These are called Heap space and Permgen (for Permanent Generation)

The size of those regions is set during the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) launch and can be customized by specifying JVM parameters -Xmx and -XX:MaxPermSize. If you do not explicitly set the sizes, platform-specific defaults will be used.

The java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error will be triggered when the application attempts to add more data into the heap space area, but there is not enough room for it.

The main cause would be Spikes in usage/data volume, such as floods of players or high usage of resource intensive plugins like WorldEdit.

The one possible answer is and I hope it isn't the one, a memory leak. Basically what happens is some hole in the Spigot code would cause it to leave created objects in your servers heap space and overtime the leaked objects would consume all available Java heap space and trigger that error. I doubt it is that because if it was anyone using your git-spigot build would have this issue unless they restarted like once every hour.

That is a more technical explanation of your issue possibly. I would guess it has to due with intensive plugin usage such as heavy WorldEdit. I could simulate this issue and crash my server by using WorldEdit so largely that it puts to much memory into the heap space. Give us a list of your plugins, and possibly a breakdown of the plugins memory usage. That would help millions.

5. I disabled almost 90% of plugins and this crash happens everyday about 6:00-9:00-PM. I find out that this is not plugin issue nor server issue. but its someone trying to take the server down or crash it.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-79612

6. Whats the CPU usage?

7. In control panel it shows 99% but in terminal I type "top" and it says %600 usage of only one of the servers.

Running: Latest 1.8.6
    Plugins: less than 10
    RAM: 32 GB Total (8GB allocated to this crashy server)

8. What kind of server is it and are there any major plugins that require so much darn cpu usage?! XD