Server error? No idea how to fix this.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Lee, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Lee

Lee

2. I think I've seen this before. I'm not sure how to fix it tho. I'll let u know if I find out

3. I think I may have a solution. Your map could have a glitch in it. As you can see the Java error is providing information about the length and width, so it could be your map running out of memory

4. Lee

Lee

How could this happen?

5. Lee

Lee

Also, this is the only error I'm getting in the console: [Server] ERROR io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: String too big (was 32789 bytes encoded, max 32767)

6. Lee is this map on your server?

7. Ok do u use a host? And lastly do u have essentials

8. Lee

Lee

Yup.

9. Lee

Lee

OVH and yes I have essentials.

10. Ok you have essentials. So what may have happened is you're out of memory. In game do /lag and find out how much allocated memory you've used, and the max memory you have

11. Lee

Lee

The memory is fine. This server has 10gb. Players are only getting this error when they enter areas of the map. Like the spawn. Joy. But when you get out of it your fine.

12. It's probably a chunk that loaded improperly. The only solution I have is making a new spawn

13. Or MCEdit to see if you can fix the corrupted chunk?

14. Never used mc edit :p

15. As already mentioned from @zDrakon try to fix the corrupted chunk with McEdit. If this isn't helping you could also try to create a new World with the Seed of your current(this would cause the lose of all buildings)

• Like Like x 1