Server Factions 1.8 or 1.11.2?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Scarpa18, May 27, 2017.

1. I.m making a Faction servers, I know there are like 239423 factions but most of them are sheet for me and for me Crew (or guild) then I decided to open my own server since I did twice servers and learned a lot with thoses fails servers (usually fail by cheap host)

Well, now I have to know what version would be better... I can't decide, I thought hours and hours and...
    1.11.2 pvp can be fixed by plugin but I really like 1.8 (Then 1.8 - 1.11.2) then I don't know what to do

Sorry for bad english.

2. 1.11.2 with ProtocolSupport and a plugin to revert the PVP.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hello, sorry for my poor compression. This make my server 1.11.2 and allow people from 1.8 to join? I can't understand how this works.

It's works like Via Version? That allow above versions to connect (disabling above versions feature)

4. Aschorren

Patron

In order to keep things simple on your end, I'd recommend 1.8 Factions with ViaVersion. It eliminates the need for reverting any PVP mechanics and it still provides the exact same functionality for the user.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes, it is a 1.11.2 server allowing 1.10 - 1.8 players to join.