1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Solved Server keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by PhanaticD, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PhanaticD

Patron

2. Puremin0rez

Looks like NoCheatPlus...

You are now the 4th person to have a crash with this exact same "ray tracing" problem

I recommend reverting to a dev build before the new ray tracing feature or attempt updating to the latest one

3. md_5

Administrator Developer

Its PEX locking everything up.

4. Someone needs to make an alternative with MySQL. I love Privileges, but no MySQL = doom for persistent servers.

Edit: If it is PEX try latest build.

5. PhanaticD

Patron

im not even using mysql for pex :S

i disabled the nocheat raycheck but its too soon to tell if that fixed it

6. If you're not, you should be using another plugin, PEX is one of the worst permissions plugins available. Try Privileges or bPerms.

7. Puremin0rez

Looks like PEX still isn't getting better lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah, but you HAVE TO use it if you want persistent permissions. A shame, indeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Old-school PermissionsBukkit for the win! :3

10. I hear so many bad things with pex i have used the same pex yml with updates from pex for over a year and not one crash or error i use no mysql for it..

the yml file size is 19,995

i consider that pretty big for one file so i dont know why you all have problems but all i can think of is your parsing must be wrong

11. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

It doesn't break for everyone. Read this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BIgAU7senSG1hY0BjQAQFAnbuOqFhpln7ffN6pkOp4s/edit?pli=1

12. lol i went from the minecraft/bukkit 1.1 all the way to 1.4.7 minecraft/bukkit before changing over to spigot(which is way better by the way)

always using dev builds all the way through
    i have had alot of plug in breaks in all that time
    and never once did i have pex break i have been a risky server admin/owner from the beginning

13. NoCheatPlus / ray-tracing

Four possibilities:

1. Upgrade to latest dev builds (after "mostly stable"), build 418 or higher.
    2. Downgrade to build 387 (before ray-tracing).
    3. Downgrade to the alpha version at BukkitDev.
    4. Disable blockinteract.visible and moving.passable.raytracing.

Mind this comment for development builds:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/#c4328

Sorry for copy and paste :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PhanaticD

Patron

disabling the ray trace in the config did not fix it, downgrading did, and recently upgrading seems to have fixed it as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Puremin0rez

Glad to see your back in working order!