Server Lag & Console Error

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by PiggiesGoSqueal, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Everyone timed out on my server and the only console error was:

WARN 1930547 [HopeItemsSQlitePool housekeeper]
    WARN com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool - HopeItemsSQlitePool - Thread starvation or clock leap detected (housekeeper delta=1m10s358ms465┬Ás251ns).

What's it mean and how can I fix it? Thanks!

Spigot Version: 1.12.2

2. I think this is a problem specifically in the code itself.
    I suggest you notify the plugin creator about this bug/error.

3. Unfortunately he dropped development of all his plugins when he had to get a full time job. His plugin is open-source but I don't know how to program in Java.

Edit: Also this has never happened before and I've had the plugin for maybe a year?

4. So is there any way to fix this without the developer?

5. Unless you can find a willing java dev no. What does the plugin do, perhaps I can find a newer one for you.

6. Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to. At least not with the features it as. It's a custom item plugin that allows custom recipes and a ton of features. Thanks though. :)

Please note: I will be in NYC for 4 days starting Wednesday without a computer so I apologize if I do not respond within that timeframe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. There's always a chance it's not the plugin. The thread pool complaining may be the only thing reporting on another underlying issue. Thread pools are designed to keep a queue of tasks that need to be run, and are often set up to only keep those tasks for X amount of time, in this case it looks like 1m 10s. If your server freezes for whatever reason, the thread pool will not be able to run and may well complain about it.

If something on your server locks it up long enough to make that threadpool complain, players may well get disconnected.

I would remove the plugin in question and see if it happens again, just to be sure it is the plugins fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1