Server lag, with good TPS

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by namke, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey! Recently, my Towny server has started lagging a lot, but GC claims it's 19 TPS, but in reality it's like 1 TPS. This is what's happening:

Here's a timings of the server: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=jufefowese

What may cause this? :/
    Thanks in advance!

2. Gaxan

Supporter

Is anyone else experiencing this?

3. Everyone on my server experiences the lag, but only on the Towny server.

4. If everyone is getting it, but its only of the towny server so your server itself should be ok? Look for corrupted chunk, use ClearLagg to remove loaded chunks, delete entities, restart server. Good luck.

5. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Networking? You also have plugins in timings that are causing massive spikes, they might not be enough to trigger the average TPS to drop, but you sure as heck might feel it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It's a pretty short low-activity sample though. Could be permission checks are slow initially - is this shortly after server start?
    BungeePerms could be distantly related - their page states to configure MYSQL2 (not MYSQL) for backend - have you checked that?

(NoCheatPlus should be updated to the latest release rather, likely not related.)

NCP also monitors lag spikes and will also display lower numbers (not 0.0k): 'ncp lag' This could give an idea of the amount of spikes for various durations.

7. probably too many plugins

8. Well, that's highly irrelevant. The TPS should drop if the server is lagging, but it isn't.
    Anyway it doesn't matter anymore, I've taken down my Towny server to code my own Towny-plugin.

9. You need a good server with good server optimizations. Server hardware isn't everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.