Server lag (with timings)

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Joshuak52, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I was gonna set up a new server and I bought a host which I don't currently believe it to be the problem.
    I did a server setup and noticed that the server wasn't refreshing in my server list very fast and took a few moments to load up.

After joining the server with only essentials installed I did a few /lag commands just to check out the ram and stuff and after about 2 minutes the TPS dropped to like 13.

I don't know what the issue is so any help would be appreciated!
    https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=qobuduqupo

2. Seems to be the world save task. Is your panel running save-all periodically? Either Spigot and/or Paper has a backup function built in that's far better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Also, it seems you are using Spigot instead of Paper. Not only does PaperMC have an improved timings system, but far better performance. I'd recommend you check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The issue isn't related to Spigot, and using Paper wont help very much either from my understanding.

5. I suggested PaperMC as I believe the lag is from his server panel's scheduled 'save-all' task. I recommended PaperMC as it has an inbuilt backup function which is far better than something like Multicraft running save-all.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.