1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug server lag

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by strontkever, Feb 10, 2013.

1. using build #512 on win-xp64

plugins:
    MultiWorld, CensorIt, WorldEdit, Vault, LogBlockQuestioner, PermissionsEx, LogBlock, MobBountyReloaded, LWC, WorldGuard, MCDocs, dynmap, SeattleSummer, Honeypot, Reservations, Vouchers, ChestShop, RedstoneClockDetector, ProtocolLib, Votifier, mcMMO, MobArena, FoundDiamonds, Tips, Essentials, WorldBorder, EssentialsSpawn, MobBountyReloadedExploits, VanishNoPacket, CompatNoCheatPlus, EssentialsChat, NoCheatPlus

no errors in console and tps at 20 but theres a consistant delay in all actions, seems like a network thing.. i never have lag on my own server since its in the same network, but now i have.

players also report this lag.

[also]
    i dont experience it as really bad lag, but just a bad ping thing.. i dont know exactly for other players

#1 strontkever, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. Puremin0rez

It's possible that even though the Netty builds are working on Windows XP now, they have some sort of performance bug or issue.

Might wanna roll back to recommended build until md_5 checks this out

3. ye i rolled it back, ill just gonna have to wait

4. md_5, would you mind adding a note in the spigot build info if theres any work done towards improving winxp compatibility?

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

Its fixed already.

6. ok, i switched to it now, lets see

7. players report alot of delayed chat between 2-5 seconds sometimes, this with the latest build

8. as winxp isnt able to run this netty update without client lag, i have to say goodbye to spigot

9. Jigsaw

Supporter

Just use build 485 of Spigot.

10. well as this netty thing is spigot's future, and md_5 says winxp and netty lagg is fixed, theres not much of an option

11. Jigsaw

Supporter

They "netty thing" is still being tested and tweaked so that is probably why you are having issues with it. md_5 has already stated that if you want a reliable build you should be using 485 until the Netty issues are resolved.

12. yes-r