Server Lagging For No Reason?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by collinator24, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am not sure, but recently my server has been lagging. It was fine before, and I even added more ram from when it started, but it still is lagging a lot.

Specs:
    4 Core AMD CPU (I don't the exact model.)
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB HDD
    etc etc
    Im running ubuntu 16.04, and it looks like it is only using 1 of my 4 cores. Please help me!
    I have 4gb of ram to the server, and it is still lagging a ton. Nothing intensive is running. Please Help

Attached Files:

• wt.PNG
      wt.PNG
      File size:
      11.4 KB
      Views:
  2. electronicboy

IRC Staff

The minecraft server is heavily single threaded; lscpu can be used to list cpus (or, just cat /proc/cpuinfo)
    timings ( /timings paste) might help provide a picture of what is going on

3. bump - I really need this fixed. I destroyed a cactus farm, and the issue still persists. That was the most intensive thing on the server. The system stays at about 2% CPU usage when no one is on, but when someone joins it fly up to like 115%. I made sure the server had affinity on all cores, but the issue still persists. Its a little sad that it only works on one core, because if it used more than one it may solve the problem.

4. You need advanced timings, those are useless.

Looks like there are a ton of hoppers or some complex redstone somewhere, though.

5. Yeah, There are a lot of command blocks placed, but they are not being activated at all. They are just acting as blocks. And what do you mean about advanced timings? How can I get those?

6. Read the top of the timings report. You need the detailed timings, not those.

7. The problem is, I am using spigot...

8. Does anyone have any ideas? Since my last post, I have updated one of like 7 plugins. Worldedit and EssentialsX are all on the latest version. Other than that it's a normal spigot server. --bump--

9. What version of Spigot are you using? Are you using a fork or regular spigot?

Do you have any edits made to spigot.yml or bukkit.yml?

Answer those and hopefully I can help ya.

10. electronicboy

IRC Staff

That message is just templated, Those timings really don't indicate much beyond something is pissed off; Timings v2 might offer a better insight into what is going on, however requires a fork of Spigot such as Paper;

Saying that, I can't really see anything that stands out, really just looks like the CPU wants nothing to do with it

11. "What version of Spigot are you using? Are you using a fork or regular spigot? " I was using regular Spigot. I am now installing PaperSpigot (Which made no difference) , to try to provide more information to EletronicBoy. "Do you have any edits made to spigot.yml or bukkit.yml? " No, I do not. As for my response to EletronicBoy: I have just now installed it and here is the timings report: https://timings.aikar.co/?id=2ca3e68b5363421a807d79beb104318c

12. electronicboy

IRC Staff

What's your gamerule randomTickSpeed set to? All of your time is ticking blocks, which would indicate somebody has been messing with the gamerules, default for that is 3, ideally keep it around there

13. EletronicBoy : My Friend set it to 100000 once, but then set it back to 2. I was gone at the time and didn't know. He said everything was fine after it but he is a little sketchy. I tried changing it myself to 1 and it said it worked but, his cactus farm kept going extremely fast. I destroyed it just in case. Is there any config file where I can check the randomtickspeed?

14. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Nope, but that gamerules are per-world in craftbukkit and stuff, so you'll want to run the command in game, you should just be able to run '/gamerule randomTickSpeed" and it should tell you the value

15. I'm such an idiot.:ROFLMAO: When changing the randomtickspeed it was when other players were online. When I changed it without other players now its fine. Thank you for your help, I can't believe I didn't try it without people on the server. Thanks all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.