Server memory slowly rising (memory leak)

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by logansasse, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:55 PM.

1. Hello, I have a server hosted by Server.pro and I have many plugins. I had this server for awhile with over 120 plugins with no problem until about two weeks ago, I noticed I had a memory leak. I have to reboot the server every hour for the server to work. Without it, the server runs out and crashes. I tried removing some of the major plugins like core protect and multiverse and still nothing. I've used a memory profiler and it says that "world_server" is the main suspect of a memory leak. I don't know what any of that means or does. I hope one of you can help me with this. I'm pulling my hair out. You can find the list of used plugins in the attached image. Thanks...

Attached Files:

2. With this amount of information i can only give you this:
    Disable every plugin one by one and find the leak by elimination.

If you decide to send us timings or a the actual profiler stats then we could maybe give you more advice. (y)

3. Try removing CrazyAuctions and see if it helps, i found it had a leak on my server.

4. Hello, thank you for responding to my post. Here are the timings. https://www.spigotmc.org/go/timings?url=dapibekede

5. Timings will have little help as it only shows the code execution time
    What you really need a profiler/heap dump
    this will show the live objects that are in the memory
    make sure to run the profiler long to get accurate data

6. BB has yet to recode CrazyAuctions so under a lot of usage it can be quite laggy. Although I'm not sure if it would be the cause of a memory leak. Always worth a shot, if it is come report it in the discord and one of us admins will add it to the list to be addressed :p

7. I would try removing AAC as you very likely dont have bought it. And some versions had memory leaks.

8. I tried removing crazy auctions and aac. Still nothing...

9. I removed aac and crazy auctions and the leak is still there

10. CrazyAuctions is a problem for me too, switched to an alternative that basically does the same thing.

11. Thank you all for the help. After googling all the plugins I had, I figured out that it was packet listener api

12. You mean ProtocolLib? Just googled that, that memory leak was fixed in 2013.