Server Not Starting

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Cool_Creeper1200, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Hi I have a CentOS 6 Sevrer and I am running with 32GB of RAM and when I start the server this is what I get:

Warning, your max perm gen size is not set or less than 128mb. It is recommended you restart Java with the following argument: -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
    Loading libraries, please wait...
    2013-12-29 07:47:23,920 ERROR Cannot access RandomAccessFile {}) java.io.FileNotFoundException: logs/latest.log (No such file or directory)
    2013-12-29 07:47:23,920 ERROR Unable to invoke method createAppender in class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingRandomAccessFileAppender for element RollingRandomAccessFile java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.BaseConfiguration.createPluginObject(BaseConfiguration.java:841)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.BaseConfiguration.createConfiguration(BaseConfiguration.java:595)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.BaseConfiguration.createConfiguration(BaseConfiguration.java:587)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.BaseConfiguration.doConfigure(BaseConfiguration.java:244)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.BaseConfiguration.start(BaseConfiguration.java:142)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.setConfiguration(LoggerContext.java:339)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:378)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.start(LoggerContext.java:149)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:85)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:34)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getLogger(LogManager.java:387)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getLogger(LogManager.java:322)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.<clinit>(MinecraftServer.java:46)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:168)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a manager
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.AbstractManager.getManager(AbstractManager.java:73)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.OutputStreamManager.getManager(OutputStreamManager.java:65)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.rolling.RollingRandomAccessFileManager.getRollingRandomAccessFileManager(RollingRandomAccessFileManager.java:62)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingRandomAccessFileAppender.createAppender(RollingRandomAccessFileAppender.java:196)
    ... 18 more

2013-12-29 07:47:23,922 ERROR Null object returned for RollingRandomAccessFile in Appenders

2013-12-29 07:47:24,400 ERROR Unable to locate appender File for logger
    Please help me! :(

2. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Delete your /logs/ folder, make sure your jar has the correct read/write/execute permissions then try restart.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What /logs/ folder? Were is it located?

4. Dmck2b

Services Staff

/route/to/jar/file/logs/

If it isnt there, then the jar file permissions are most likely the issue. chmod 764 jarname.jar in ssh or if you use FileZilla as a ftp client, right click the jar, file permissions and put in 764 into the text box replacing whatever is already there.

5. can't find the /route/ folder and I made sure the perms were good and set but I still get this error!

6. Dmck2b

Services Staff

'-'

I meant /route/to/jar/ is symbolising where your jar file is... Eg /home/sevrer/minecraft/spigot.jar

7. There is no log files anywhere I can't start my server I deleted spigot and redownloaded it again and still nothing! I'm so frustrated!

8. harry5573

Patron

remove the logs folder. its in the main server directory.

9. THERE IS NO LOGS FOLDER ANYWERE :( I can't find it I'm new to this please help I can give you a FTP access?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. So create logs folder and give read-write permissions.