Server owner blatantly claiming public plugins to be theirs

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by llllll1, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Okay so i joined a server that is using a bunch of public plugins (like worldedit, factions, essentials, warpportals, fbasics, etc) but when you do /plugins it shows "ServernameCore (Custom coded by owners name)" as the only plugin.

Also on the server page he talks about being a very experienced developer and coding the whole server solo.

Basically what im asking is should i tell the plugin developers about this? Is it even worth it? I doubt this is allowed under the licenses of most of these plugins.

2. I think you can do this and I am sure some plugin developers mind but most don't. Some servers say that just to "impress" people or another reason.

3. Fun fact i just asked the owner why he has skript even though hes supposedly so experienced and he said he needed it for the /discord command which just displayed a link to their discord in chat nothing else (they also have discordsrv lol)

4. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

no, no point, it doesn't matter. There are plugins to hide the plugin list or have a custom output. Just move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. lol

As long as he's not getting paid much, if at all, for free plugins, it's all good. But I guess that's something we don't know...

6. Strahan

Benefactor

Nobody will really give a shit. As to the /pl list, it's not uncommon to disable or limit what it reports.

7. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

who cares? if he's not selling them then it's no problem

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Technically it could be their own, but they just published it in case other people want access to how that server functions, so they are not completely wrong.