Server Paid Advertising

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Zeokon, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I'm looking for websites I can advertise my Minecraft server & also get a crowd, if possible with a banner and my price range is about $5-$50.

I'd like to advertise on somewhat 1-3 websites.

md_5, any idea what websites I can advertise my server on, for example topg.org and forum.ragezone.com

2. jeff142

Benefactor

For me and many others payed advertising never helped.
    My advice, save your money and get memebrs more involved.

3. Rank premiums help though..

4. jeff142

Benefactor

Help maybe, but the probelm is you get players now, but not when your ad's end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. YouTube also helps, but I just need a video maker + uploader

6. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Word of mouth is the best advertising method.
    That's where Facebook, Twitter and Skype excels, if we're talking online.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm pretty sure everyone on skype could see, what if you only have 1 contact? how are you meant to reach a minecraft audience

8. Have a good, unique server, and players will come to you.

1. Your not going to find a single site that costs $5-$50 that will bring lots of players to your server.
    2. Just because md_5 is the owner of this site, doesn't mean you gotta tag him. I know this is probably annoying to him, as I have a site of my own, with the same addon.

Oh, and finally. Don't expect your server to get big, quickly, there are over 125,000 servers, and im guessing that less then 500-1000 get over 50-100 players online.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jeff142

Benefactor

Take it form a big server owner^ save your $$$

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bought premium on Minestatus.net and minecraft-mp.com this month which costed around $800 for them both.
    I wanted to test it out but my player count hasn't really changed much in past month, not worth what I payed for ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I too bought a minestatus add, just a month before you. It made no difference what so ever.

12. You need to know where to advertise, that's how you get more players.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

My email reply said "make the most money". So are you in the Minecraft Server business to make money or what?

14. joehot200

Supporter

If you have 40+ players online already, why would you need more? Having more players is nice, but once you have about 40 you have enough players for events and community etc, and can then just wait for the players to flood in, instead of spending money time and effort in attempting to make it happen yourself.

15. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

True, but it's hard to keep them in some gamemodes. I spent quite a bit of my time coding an SCBB plugin, launched the server with an original spawn and some original maps. Players would join, majority would think it's awesome, but they'd all leave because there simply weren't enough players to enjoy the game.

So my little project was an epic fail. :D

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. joehot200

Supporter

Why not ask some big server to do it then or something?

17. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

What do you mean?

18. joehot200

Supporter

I mean get some other big server owner to put the plugin on their server. Then it would not be a complete waste of time, and people could actually enjoy your work ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

You're looking at 1/1000 players who care about who makes what plugin on a server, they only care about who owns the server; meaning I pretty much get nothing for my work. That's like buying a car and giving it to someone to do whatever they want with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. joehot200

Supporter

Agreed.
    Going to move this convo to a PM, as i feel it is going offtopic and slightly spamming the thread up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.