Server performance for 200+ players

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Bestle, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Bestle

Patron

I currently run a fairly large server which averages 200+ players.

My hardware specs are as follows:

3770k @ 4.5Ghz
    2 x 128GB SSD in RAID 0
    32GB 1600Mhz RAM

Now I would have thought that this configuration would be more than enough to run 200 players but my TPS will often drop to below 10 which leads me to believe I may have configured something incorrectly.

Here is my worldguard report for plugins & their versions - http://pastebin.com/qXvwrrzq

NoLagg examine indicates that they are all running as they should and I am using the latest version for most.

My Bukkit.yml - http://pastebin.com/KHV4bPyA

I also have my view distance set to 4.

Is there anything immediately obvious that I have misconfigured?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. My server I run from home basically has the same specs and my server only averages around 20 players a day.
    Sorry that this message didn't really help, I just wanted to point that out :p

3. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

It's not the hardware, its your home connection that won't allow more players. ;)

4. 30mbps down, 20mbps up. It can hold more, I was just saying it usually doesn't since I honestly don't want more.

On a side note, my server machine encountered a pretty severe crash. My ram was fried 10 minutes after installing spigot. Memtest86 agreed and my spare set of ram atleast pasts the test, machine still won't boot past recovery.

5. PhanaticD

Patron

player move event will start to lag your server after 80+ players or maybe even lower if you have a lot of regions

6. What's your startup-parameters for the java-vm?

7. Best startup params is simply just -Xmx and -Xms

8. Bestle

Patron

Yeah the only ones I use are the memory flags and -server.

Surely a 4.5Ghz 3770k can handle 200+ players?

9. Aikar is gonna kick me on the leg :p .. but i still believe that some flags can be very good :)

10. No, not really. Like its said above - unless you're running ZERO plugins, each and every plugin could be doing something to take more time on your CPU.