server spaming /list

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Jaconah, Jun 13, 2015.

1. idk if this is normal or not. but i was looking in my logs for something and i found this

[18:25:31] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /list
    [18:25:31] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 1 out of maximum 30 players online.
    [18:25:31] [Server thread/INFO]: Admins: [Owner] ~Jaco
    [18:25:34] [Server thread/INFO]: [ClearLag] Removed 0 Entities!
    [18:26:11] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /list
    [18:26:11] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 1 out of maximum 30 players online.
    [18:26:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Admins: [Owner] ~Jaco
    [18:26:51] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /list
    [18:26:51] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 1 out of maximum 30 players online.
    [18:26:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Admins: [Owner] ~Jaco
    [18:27:31] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /list
    [18:27:31] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 1 out of maximum 30 players online.
    [18:27:31] [Server thread/INFO]: Admins: [Owner] ~Jaco
    [18:28:11] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /list
    [18:28:11] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 1 out of maximum 30 players online.
    [18:28:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Admins: [Owner] ~Jaco
    [18:28:51] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /list
    [18:28:51] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 1 out of maximum 30 players online.
    [18:28:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Admins: [Owner] ~Jaco
    [18:29:30] [Server thread/INFO]: CONSOLE issued server command: /list
    [18:29:30] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 1 out of maximum 30 players online.
    [18:29:30] [Server thread/INFO]: Admins: [Owner] ~Jaco

idk whats doing it but it dose not look right..

2. Plugins list and are you using Multicraft/McMyAdmin? Could be command blocks, but I don't think so.

3. Multicraft does this automatically.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. it dose it that often though?

5. It is Multicraft, it does it the amount of times defined in the conf and or the administration settings of the control panel.

6. i gonna go look at the contorl panel i dont think i got access to that config

7. MultiCraft uses it to grab the amount of players online and the names

8. If your using a shared host, then you don't have access to that area of Multicraft.

9. nope we use a server box but i will have to talk to my friend who owns the network it looks like

10. That's either Multicraft or some troll has a redstone current repetitively spamming /list
    If that's the case just do /lagg where (or whatever the command is to find the more laggy area xD)

11. How would one troll have redstone spamming /list?

12. It can't be some troll.

• To use a commandblock, one must be OP
    • The /list command would not present lag is a specific area
    • /list is hardly anything to the server resource wise.
    @Jaconah Honestly, the /list is just for multicraft to know who is on the server. I wouldn't really worry about it. It doesn't impact your server in anyway other than your console, but it's easy to ignore. Sometimes, it can even be helpful when looking though old logs.

13. The following is my proposed method to stop it from showing up in the console.

The plugin ChatControl has a feature that enables the console to ignore and thus not show any messages contain a set of words.

It can be found in the packets.txt file within the rules folder generated within ChatControl.
    It requires ProtocolLib to work.

Here's how it would look:
    Code (Text):
    match CONSOLE issued server command: /list|There are [0-30] out of maximum 30 players online.
    dont verbose
    then deny
    I hope this helped, you should be able to tweak that and make a more efficient version I'm sure. :)
    Additionally, this plugin will help massively in filtering caps, spam, and more to your complete configuration, which will help any staff members you have amongst yourself.

#14 YepImRobbie, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. If it was commmand blocks i would feel stupid... Cuz i not gonna givr anyone those

15. Can it blcok cusswords in chat also?

16. probably? just read the overview of it?

17. It did not want to load on my phone that why i asked