Server Specs

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Craftizz, May 26, 2015.

1. Hello,

I'd like to ask is this specs are good for dedicated minecraft server?
    • Intel Xeon E5 Quad Core 2.5GHz (8 threads)

• 500Mbps Uplink

• 4 GB RAM

• 1,000 GB RAID-3 Drives

• 15 TB Bandwidth

• 3 Dedicated IPs

Thank you
    -Craftizz

2. Tux

Tux

We need more data. Based on what you have provided, it might be fine for a medium-sized server provided that you perform careful optimization.

3. It's kind of small servr + it has 38 plugins, Might add more (Some plugins are just really small)

It's skyblock server btw!

4. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

With 4 GB of RAM, you'll be extremely limited. Go with a Xeon E3 V3 or Intel Core i5/i7 (latest gen). It should both be cheaper and fast (in most scenarios).

5. You should go with an E3 which has a faster clock speed since MC will only use one of those threads.

6. I can upgrade the Ram for 2.50/gb, Is it good to upgrade the ram instead of chaging??

Link?

7. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

Link to what?

• Intel Xeon E5 Dual Core 2.3GHz (4 threads)

• 500 Mbps Uplink

• 1 GB RAM

• 500 GB RAID-3 Drives

• 10 TB Bandwidth

• 2 Dedicated IPs

how about that? o_O is this good too?

9. Whats your budget? If It's small you can probably pick up something better from KimSufi, check out the KS-4; It's a powerhouse and is in stock right now!

10. But getting Kimsufi is like getting a luckiest gift xD,

I'm asking if that specs is good too, ;)

11. Both of the servers you posted are pretty rubbish, they'll work for smaller servers, sure, but the KS-4 is so much better, and gives you much more future proofing.

It's sold out quite often, so I see your point, but is available right now, if I was you I'd grab one now.

12. Excuse me??!
    Intel Xeon E5 Dual Core 2.3GHz (4 threads) is a Rubbish? Damn.. Wow.. Rubish much wow

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Rubbish for Minecraft, as It's primarily single threaded. Good single thread performance is what you're after.

Didn't even know Intel manufactured Dual Core E5's? Perhaps you mean Dual E5's?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anybody recommend anything on SYS? (cheapest as possible ) :)

15. Well the KS-4 is the best bang for your buck for low end servers, but if you're after more power any of the E3's will suffice, personally I'd grab the SSD variants, but thats up to you.

16. The clock speed, core count and processor line of the CPU isn't really very useful. We need to know the exact model of the thing or we can't help.

17. x_L

x_L

What's your budget (and how much are you paying right now for the machine, that's in your post)? I honestly suggest you to use ReliableSite or something along those lines, a Kimsufi KS-4 will be great for you.

18. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

The Xeon E5s never had a Dual Core. It's most likely an old Dual Xeon E5100.

Stick with a Xeon E3 V3 for Minecraft.

19. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

Thank you for the recommendation.