Setting Bounding Box of Custom Armorstand Entity

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by SwiftLee, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Hello all!

I've been trying to set the bounding box of my custom, registered entity. I've tried doing the following:

- overriding methods in the subclass
    - calling .a() and providing the arguments
    - calling .setSize() and providing the arguments
    - using reflection via @inventivetalent 's resources
    - calling getBoundingBox().b() methods and providing the arguments

I'm at a loss here. I want to increase the size of the box and have yet to do so after many different methods and attempts. Any help is appreciated! I should mention I am using 1.9.4 to complete this task.

2. Still unsolved, anyone?

3. Not possible, unfortunately (assuming you're talking about the bounding box the client sees). No packets are sent regarding bounding boxes, so the client just uses default boxes and there's no way around it.

4. Hmm... I've seen @inventivetalent do something with them, I've heard from many others that it can be done server-side.

5. My experiments with modifying bounding boxes (of blocks, not entities) resulted in some of the most hilarious rubberbanding and physics glitches i have seen this side of skate 3.
    If the client is not aware of it, it does not matter much.

6. Well, it's a non-moving entity with no AI and no gravity. I'm using it for a pretty specific reason.

7. Are we talking movement bounding boxes or damage bounding boxes?

8. You could try with n.m.s.Entity#a(AxisAlignedBB), as it seems to be the only method modifying the boundingbox; but it also seems to do some other stuff that I'm unsure about.

9. Ah, I should've specified. Damage bounding boxes.

10. Yeah, I've tried that method. It doesn't seem to have any affect on the bounding box of my entity.

11. Then it indeed is not possible. Like I said, no packets are being sent regarding it so without mods it's not gonna work.

12. Ah, well thanks for letting me know! I've come up with an alternative. I'm just going to use slimes and disable collision. Thanks all!