Setting up a server

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by Captoblitz, Jun 12, 2020.

1. I have recently got myself a dedicated server from SoYouStart. I have been hosting servers on and off for the past few years so I know my way around setting up a server once all the files have been installed and everything has been done for you but I am now wanting to upgrade to a dedicated server and have hit a massive roadblock.

I have spoken to a few people and have learned a little about setting up a dedicated server and have even set up a PaperSpigot server but there are many more questions that I need answered and help setting up a possible website and partitioning my dedicated server into multiple virtual servers.

If anyone is willing to help me out setting up the server and possibly giving me more insight on how a dedicated server works, any help would be appreciated! My discord is ezacu#3233

2. If you would be willing to help me out splitting the server into multiple vps's that would be extremely helpful. To the people that I have talked to recently, many of them have said I should start by installing a panel and I tried installing Pterodactyl panel but I failed at some point in the installation. Do you think you could help me out set it up? Could you possibly contact me on discord so we can have a more direct line of communication rather than through Spigot thread replies.

3. Okay, I’ll add you as a forum friend as I am on vacation and don’t have discord access. I’ll also need to know your servers version.

4. @Captoblitz i sent you a request on discord. add me on this: beb#7036