Sevrer online mode

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by Luc, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Luc

Luc

i am wondering how to make a server run in online mode with bungee cord. people are getting hacked. and pls don't reply with "get a password plugin". pls tell me how to get it online

2. joshwenke

Wiki Team

In your BungeeCord configuration file, you have the option to turn online mode on or off. I recommend having it on. But make sure that in each of your servers, you keep the online-mode=false in your server.properties!

3. I'm looking for a way too, but as he said:
    That is what i'm doing, but you still can get hacked. He wants turn on online mode for his servers so minecraft authicates peoples login

4. joshwenke

Wiki Team

"Getting hacked" is a vague phrase. If you have your backend servers on online-mode=false and your BungeeCord with online-mode-true, you CANNOT have people logging in as you or other staff members without actually being who they say they are.

Now of course there are many other ways to "get hacked", but if you're worried about your account with OP and staff powers being used to log in to your server, make sure you set it up as I've described.

Be sure to check out the wiki to see how to properly set up everything else.

5. jeff142

Benefactor

If you read and dont skip ANY thing in the wiki set up your 100% safe

6. x_L

x_L

Are you sure they aren't port scanning into your backend IP(s) ?

7. #1 - Your bungeecord (proxy) server needs to be in online-mode. It is what does the authentication for your servers.
    #2 - Make sure your Spigot servers are in offline-mode. The proxy handles the authentication.
    #3 - Make sure the Spigot servers only communicate to the proxy server. If on the same host, use 127.0.0.1 as the server-ip in server.properties.
    #4 - Make sure the host firewall blocks any communication to the spigot ports and only allows the connections to the Bungeecord port number (usually 25565)

With this setup, you should not be able to directly connect to the Spigot server even if you know the IP and port number (doesn't even matter if you are using a vanilla or hacked client)

Also note that if you did #3 right, you should not be able to directly connect to the Spigot servers even if the firewall was turned off. The firewall is just extra protection.

I have a small tutorial on setting up a Bungeecord network on a single host.

LHammonds