Shady plugin developer

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Rewtie, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beware of doing business with <redacted>. I've been a supporter of his for years, purchasing numerous plugins from him over years, and he is refusing to give me access to <redacted> on the marketplace he moved it to because he says I gave him the money for it too long ago, and now wants even more money to regain access to it. He tried saying its not his fault spigot removed it, but its his choice to not add me to the buyer list of the plugin when he can clearly see I purchased that plugin and various other plugins from him. Didn't offer me any type of discount, didn't even offer me the one download for the version I need. Just offered me access to the original version I purchased, which was for minecraft version 1.7.10. I told him I don't understand why he is making me purchase it again when I've had it for years and then he blocked me. Unbelievable. Just a very shady way to do business and get more buys on an old plugin. Just beware before you purchase any of his plugins. He will probably delete it and then make you pay for it again on whatever marketplace he goes to next.

#1 Rewtie, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Strahan

Benefactor

Well, that's not out of the realms of reason in the world of software. A lot of companies do not give you lifetime version upgrade ability. One would hope he was up front about that initially, but I would personally not be bothered by it as SO many other companies operate the same way. Especially since we're talking about MC plugins which are generally cheap. Not like you got screwed out of a $250

If you are that miffed about it, just find an alternate product. I seriously doubt whatever he made is the only one of its kind in existence.

Remember; it costs him time and effort to produce a revised product when there is a major new MC version. The API doesn't sit still; API changes between 1.7.x and 1.16.x are not insignificant. It doesn't seem unreasonable to want people to pay to move that far in versioning.

3. SteelPhoenix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.