Shared host - allocated memory incorrect?

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by DeletedAccount, Jan 31, 2015.

1. You are making no sense. The server has 2GB of RAM, it just hasn't allocated it to anywhere yet! The server actually has 2GB however SPIGOT (not Nitrous) has not specified what that memory should be used for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I use multicraft for the ovh machine.

3. They are telling you the same thing. Just in different ways:

Nitous: how much RAM has been allocated (allocated memory).

OVH: How much RAM has not been allocated (free memory).

4. Actually it was Nitrous... But anyway I just looked at what I said and it coiuld happen but I doubt they are actually doing that so nvm forget me xD

5. What?

6. @EvenSafe -- how many plugins are on the nitrous server compared to OVH?

7. OVH: 70
    Nitrous: 48

8. I understand your issue. The lag shouldn't be happening, could we get a timings report?

9. Your not getting what I'm trying to say...

Just forget it... I said something in which could have happened but put it in the wrong context, later determining it could happen but Nitrous Networks do not do what I said because my brain is not thinking straight right now xD

[​IMG]

10. @dwilson390
    The lag seems to have stopped for a bit after many restarts, using /stoplag and using /lagg commands - the thing is, it keeps happening and I do not know the cause of it yet. It will probably lag again later.

11. As I said in my last msg, it has stopped for now after many tries, but this was the timings report from when it was lagging:
    http://timings.aikar.co/?url=9981443

12. Commandspy wouldn't by any chance be installed on your OVH system too?

Also, does the lagg by any chance happen when a player logs in?

13. Commandspy is installed on all of my servers, never had a issue with it.

Hm - one or two cases I think, I've had so many different types of lag on that nitrous server, most are random.

14. Commandspy v2.9.3 Total: 1.222 s Pct: 0.24%
    Pct Total Pct Tick Total Avg PerTick Count Event

0.24% 486.26% 1.22 s 243.13 ms 0.0 0.0k playerListener::eek:nPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent)

0.00% 0.44% 0.01 s 0.22 ms 0.0 0.0k playerListener::eek:nPlayerCommandPreprocess(PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent)

15. Yea, I noticed that too. I've never seen that with commandspy, and now the lag has completely stopped and I'm still running commandspy. I'm sure later it will start back up again, but not on all cases it has had that commandspy high figure.

16. Mv-Inv is also bringing up over 100%, I think there must be a plugin which is causing this.

17. What do you think it could be? I can provide a plugin list if you need it.

18. ummm...

Lol, the report is basially 0's everywhere, which server do you use more often? Nitrous or OVH?

19. I have a bungee server - the proxy and three servers are on the ovh box, and one of them is with nitrous.

I may consider scrapping one of the less used servers on my ovh box and putting the nitrous server onto that.