Should I allow players that are under 13 years of age to play on my minecraft server?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by FlixGaming, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Should I allow players that are under 13 years of age to play on my minecraft server and also join our Discord server? I'm confused about this whole thing because some servers ban players that are under 13 years of age and some do not. Is it because of the rule that people under 13 years of age can't use Discord?

2. It's generally due to the laws in the United States. It requires parental permission for children under age 13 to use online sites/services under certain conditions.

It only applies to services directed at children under 13, or services with actual knowledge that there are children under 13. So if your service is not directed at young children and you don't ask them their ages, there's no problem.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus.../complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions-0

"The Rule applies to operators of commercial websites and online services (including mobile apps and IoT devices) directed to children under 13 that collect, use, or disclose personal information from children. It also applies to operators of general audience websites or online services with actual knowledge that they are collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. The Rule also applies to websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information directly from users of another website or online service directed to children."

3. Well i can't judge, but if it's family server maybe it's ok, and if it's public server, then mostly no