Should I continue making my server..?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Aderm, May 29, 2016.

?

What should I do?

1. Keep it

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Move on

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Sell it

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Hey guys, I'm unsure of what to do, so I'm asking the community.

I have a mixed OP prison that I'm still preparing to release, but idk if I should release it because of all the EULA, and the cost of advertising etc.

I have:
    Custom plugins (coded by me)
    Store & Website (fully setup)
    Banner
    Logo - 2 variations and a server icon
    Fully built prison
    Ranks set up

so on.

Idk whether I should release it, or sell it?

My previous server failed, and I'm not feeling motivation for this server.
    I feel like someone can do a better job of it than I can.

What do you guys think?
    Should I sell it, move on or keep it?

Thanks - Adam

2. I'd say that if you're not feeling positive about it from the very beginning, theres really no point really subjecting yourself to the ordeal of whole kick starting a server etc. I'd suggest you try and sell it, or else move on. Since you've run a server before, I guess you know that its an ongoing continuous commitment that will take up a huge amount of your time in the future. If it was up to me, I would not do it.

3. Alright, thank you.

Atm it's work in progress, but I have nothing to work for now xD
    tbh, the EULA ruined it for me.

4. Not all done by you ;3 <3

But on a more serious note Adam. If you're not feeling up to it, don't do it. Myself and the team would understand if you didn't want to pursue the server right now. It's completely up to you. I'm speaking as your friend, not Admin here. Honestly mate, if you're not feeling up to it, don't do it. Like you said, it's stressful. Magma was stressful from the start, for both of us. Constantly things going wrong or breaking, plugins malfunctioning. If you want to wait, just wait. There isn't a rush to get it done, or if not at all <3

5. It's all up to you. If you want this server, do it. If not, don't. I myself am making a fully, custom coded server, and there has been some off-days in the month I've been working on everything. There's been days where I just couldn't care less. But now it's actually fun again.

EDIT: If you enjoy coding, just make small, useful plugins and release them here ;) I bet some of your custom coded plugins for the prison server can be useful for someone else here!

6. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
    How I feel, minus the fun.
    Cheers mate <3333

7. mathhulk

mathhulk Retired Moderator
    Retired

Personally, I would keep going and push on. If you had this attitude with every server you made (the EULA ruined it), you will never have a server.

8. eh, listed on mcm now, rip

Imma just take more time coding and learning, as I do want to do it as a job.