Premium ShowItem [Paid]

Discussion in 'Resource Discussion' started by Phoenix616, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

I've been planning that for a while now but haven't found the time to properly look into this as changes in Minecraft's font system itself made it so that a complete overhaul of the pack is pretty much required to get the original experience of the icons which increases the amount of work beyond just adding a single item to a sprite file like it was in the past. I have some specific plans for automating that in the future but have to see when I can find the time for that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Phoenix616 updated ShowItem with a new update entry:

ShowItem 1.5.5 - Item blocker and filterer improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Just wanted to ask before I buy, does this plugin support DeluxeChat?

4. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Generally speaking all chat plugins that don't do cross-server chats are support unless they do some strange packet stuff. I've also not heard any negatives about DeluxeChat before but can't really test it myself.

5. What happens if you try to use the plugin with a Bungeecord chat plugin enable? Does it still works on the paper/spigot server where the message is send or does it just crash? Would it be possible to replace de "show item" with the basic item name when you are on an other server to be able to see the message even without the feature?

6. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

It really depends on how the plugin shares chat with other servers, if chat runs directly on the BungeeCord proxy then it's not possible to replace the placeholder, if it runs on the Bukkit and shares the chat to other servers then it would only replace the placeholder on the current server. On the other server(s) it would currently show an internal placeholder and no item information. Unfortunately sharing the item information between multiple servers isn't easily possible.
    I have some ideas regarding that but haven't come up with a good solution that would work in all cases but seeing as I use a Bungee chat on my own server as well I definitely have a good amount of interest in getting this working in the near-ish future.

7. PhanaticD

Patron

8. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

This message will be shown if at least one user has seen the item information who the sender can see. E.g. if the sender is vanished and no-one who could still see them around then it will show this message as no other player was able to see that. Same the other way around: If only vanished players are online which the sender cannot see he will get that message. That is necessary to avoid leaking the availability status of vanished players as well as indicating to a vanished player that nobody was able to see that.

If that wasn't the case for you then please provide some more information like the online players and the "canSee"/vanish state of these as well as your config.

9. Code (Text):
    showitem.chat:
          description: Gives permission to use the chat variable
          default: true
    what is this for?

10. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

It gives permission to use the %item% etc placeholders in the chat to get it automatically replaced by the currently hold item/item in a slot.
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I'm actually not able to get the permissions to work correctly for the show inventory (didnt test the show slots)

So the player needs "showitem.chat.inv" in order to actually click the thing in chat to view the other players inventory right? I can't get that to work. Only those who can also send the thing in chat can click on it.

I added the perms:
    showitem.chat.inv
    showitem.chat
    showitem.chat.slot

Still can't get it to work

12. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

The click on the message executes a command which opens the cached show transaction so the player needs the showitem.command.inv permission too. I realize now that this isn't really straight forward and might break certian setups so I'll probably link that with the chat variable permission in a future update so that everyone who can show the inventory via chat can also open it with the same permission.

13. So what you're saying is they do need the ability to show their inventory in order to click the link to view the inventory right?
    womp womp oh well worth a shot :p

14. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Basically, yes.

15. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Phoenix616 updated ShowItem with a new update entry:

ShowItem 1.5.6 - Improve command/placeholder permissions

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

17. Can confirm- I use deluxechat in both 1.13.2 and 1.16.1, showitem functions perfectly well with it.

That said, i've run into a bug on the 1.16.1 version as a whole; shields with patterns of any kind send this error in the console.
    https://pastebin.com/RGVY8SXp
    Using /showitem -debug returns the following error, with a "An internal error occured" message in chat
    https://pastebin.com/CVQrU1rd

18. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Thanks for confirming that :) And I'll look into that error.

19. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Unfortunately it looks like this is a bug in the server and all I can do is catch that error and not really fix it in the plugin :S

I'll report that on the spigot issue tracker though and it can hopefully get fixed.

Edit: Reported.

#419 Phoenix616, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

• Like Like x 1