Premium ShowItem [Paid]

Discussion in 'Resource Discussion' started by Phoenix616, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

This seems to be related to how Windows does their paths. I look into it and release a fix asap.

2. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

3. Does this have support for Herochat channels? I'd like to use this but cant otherwise.

4. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

My plugin does not interact with the chat in any way, it uses commands and a configurable message to show items to the players around you or a single player specified in the command.

You are probably thinking of writing %item% in the chat and this to be automatically replaced with a hoverable text. As this feature has been requested a couple times before I will implement it as soon as I find a solution that is fancy enough for my taste (and maybe I have found such solution), supports all features chats have (private message, different channels, etc.) and which would not require me to add support for all the different chat plugins individually especially as most plugins do not use the Bukkit api to correctly manage chat messages and Bukkit itself doesn't even support the new text component format which doesn't make things easier.

5. Purchased, expect feedback!

6. ^ this is why I wanted it in Herochat. In Herochat, we could do /showitem PM me for price! and it would send it to their current focused chat.

We had this piece of code done in JSON and integrated with Herochat, but its not worth my time to upkeep.

7. We have an API for Herocraft, I'd really like to have players focus chat on it. If not is it possible to obtain the source?

8. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

I'm soon going to implement the ability to just write a specific string like %item% into the chat and send it in every message you want, without having to hook into chat plugins and checking channels and stuff separately. This should suit more players and result in fewer breakage through updates of different chat plugins.

9. That would be sweet ass sweet man!

Thank you so much <3

10. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Phoenix616 updated ShowItem with a new update entry:

ShowItem 1.2 - Show items in every chat message via a variable

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

#71 Phoenix616, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  12. I camt seem to be able to get this plugin to work can you help me?

13. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

What exactly is your issue? Please provide some information about that as every detail about this plugin should already be on the description page.

14. http://prntscr.com/bf8fbv

15. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Please provide the error log from the console. Also your protocol lib didn't load correctly, that might also be an issue. (But I can't be sure without the error of my plugin, you can however try to remove it and see if it works if you don't need it for anything else)

16. Quick bug report on 1.9.4.

http://prntscr.com/bic638
    This is from a shield item ( http://prntscr.com/bic6f3 )
    I'm not sure if theres an error log in console, repeating the command doesn't appear to pop anything up, but i do see this from my other players:
    http://prntscr.com/bic7cn

I do have a feeling shields in general probably need a bit of fixing, since they're so varied.

17. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

You seem to be missing the language string item.named in the lang section of your config.yml. This shouldn't really happen with a fresh config 'though. Can you provide me with your config.yml?

18. Should i have deleted and had it refresh itself when i updated to the latest version? I hadn't realized i was supposed to; i'll try that real quick and see if it fixes it.

Yup, that worked. Sorry about that lol.

19. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

No problem :)