Sign Interaction

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by externo6, Nov 28, 2014.

1. externo6

Supporter

Using updated essentials, The signs don't work, such as buy, sell, dispose etc.
    Other plugins that use the sign events also do not work.

#1 externo6, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. I have the exact same problem on my own server.

In addition, all the prices on the signs are somehow removed :S

3. externo6

Supporter

Don't have your second problem :(

4. externo6

Supporter

#4 externo6, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. Sign clicking functionality seems to be broken for most, if not all plugins. Including Kingkits, Essentials, and MyCommand. Not sure if this has anything to do with the lack of Protocollib?

• Like Like x 1
  6. externo6

Supporter

Protocollib has nothing to do with this functionality.
    Looks like the event is broke.

7. Indeed, didn't refresh to see your message before I posted.

8. carftbook too
    all sign interaction is broken

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Any updates on this @md_5 ? Has this been fixed or something - or does it require me updating KingKits to the latest Spigot 1.8 whilst figuring why it won't work previously?
    @conflictxinside reported this bug to me yesterday/the day before that but I couldn't look into it till now. Since the release of 1.8, I'm a bit confused as to how to link my pom.xml (Maven) to the 1.8 Spigot instead of Bukkit. I may also have to upload KingKits to Spigot from now on - instead of BukkitDev as I can only build against CraftBukkit 1.7.10 there.

10. Even my custom plugin don't interact with signs..

11. externo6

Supporter

This has been fixed for ages.
    Update your spigots...

12. Oh, I didn't know that update has came out.. My bad, thank you.

13. this is because the essetials no is full compatible with the spigot versión 1.8

14. Hmm...? Didn't Spigot Team update Essentials to 1.8?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. They did, I don't think he has realised. But anyway, thanks @externo8 - I didn't know since I quit playing Minecraft and programming since September 7th - but started playing MC again last week and started updating this plugin today. Haven't been up to date with Spigot and stuff. I guess the guy who reported it has an outdated version.

16. I updated to 1.8, it isn't recognising my KingKits right click sign event, and in the latest Essentials updated by the Spigot team, there are no signs...

17. Remove the hash tags in the config file...also I haven't found a sign plugin that works so remove any sign plugin...Aren't you a developer? I thought I recognized your name....Duhh, Sry, Didn't see the forum location.....:oops:

#17 EODSteven, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  18. externo6

Supporter

your /ver?

19. Never mind - it was being called - my method wasn't working for some reason anymore - it's now throwing tonnes of NullPointerExceptions, which I can probably fix. Thanks anyway.

I couldn't even find the place with hashtags o.o

Hmmm yeah... and yeah I am a developer. xD

20. essentials config....
    Code (Text):
    # Essentials Sign Control
    # See http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Sign_Tutorial for instructions on how to use these.
    # To enable signs, remove # symbol. To disable all signs, comment/remove each sign.
    # Essentials Colored sign support will be enabled when any sign types are enabled.
    # Color is not an actual sign, it's for enabling using color codes on signs, when the correct permissions are given.

enabledSigns:
      - color
      #- balance
      - buy
      - sell
      #- trade
      - free
      - disposal
      #- warp
      - kit
      #- mail
      - enchant