1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bukkit Bug Sign Text Disappearing

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Ryan6578, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Hey guys. I'm not sure what this is classified as, and I think it's just an issue with my server, but I thought I'd post it here. A couple months back, we had separate worlds, with spawn in one, and wilderness in another. We decided to just have one world with everything in it, so we copied and pasted spawn (in large chunks with WorldEdit) in the wilderness world. Since doing that, we noticed that there was an issue with one of the chunks at spawn. We have signs in that chunk and the text on them would disappear daily, and we'd have to rewrite each and every sign over and over. Getting tired of that, we just leave them blank now. I looked in the console recently, and I'm seeing this error:

http://pastie.org/8250178

If someone can help me fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. this is acually a client bug. This happens when the client gets the "Unable to find sign" message or w/e. Relogging will fix.

3. It's with the server. Other people have confirmed this, and relogging/restarting will not resolve the issue.

4. Sorry didnt check the log. Your logs def match why its getting erased.
    But must be a plugin. I occasionally have broken Hoppers, but never seen a Sign get this bug.

Signs don't do anything advanced to even be able to get their state corrupted...