1. TeamBergerhealer submitted a new resource:

SignLink - Display generated text and variables on signs dynamically

Read more about this resource...

2. Why did you skip 1.10.2? o_O

3. Because I (bergerkiller) wasn't around before 1.11.2 came around

4. Doesn't possible enabling SignLink

Code (Text):
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/INFO]: [SignLink] Enabling SignLink v1.12-v1
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [SignLink] An error occurred while enabling, the plugin will be disabled:
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet type in in listener SignLink was NULL.
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at com.comphenix.protocol.injector.PacketFilterManager.verifyWhitelist(PacketFilterManager.java:500)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at com.comphenix.protocol.injector.PacketFilterManager.addPacketListener(PacketFilterManager.java:400)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.common.internal.network.ProtocolLibPacketHandler.addPacketListener(ProtocolLibPacketHandler.java:156)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.common.utils.PacketUtil.addPacketListener(PacketUtil.java:220)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.common.PluginBase.register(PluginBase.java:262)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.sl.SignLink.enable(SignLink.java:54)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.common.PluginBase.onEnable(PluginBase.java:779)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:402)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:377)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:327)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:421)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:382)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:337)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:272)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:544)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: [BKCommonLib]   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/INFO]: [SignLink] Disabling SignLink v1.12-v1
    [12:32:00] [Server thread/INFO]: [BKCommonLib] SignLink disabled!

5. Hi, i would like to comment that I have recently observed that it can not be done in bold, italic or underlined with any variable and that the variables that were already bold, italic or underlined no longer have this style. Is it a mistake or my own "SignLink"?

6. Is there a way for someone like myself to add more variables to link between Signlink and Traincarts? I would like to retrieve some information, such as how many trains are named Subway#, amongst other things (constructing a operations center for my subway system and this is a shot for the moon).

I may do this myself, but I have no idea where to start...

7. TeamBergerhealer updated SignLink with a new update entry:

Fixes various display glitches and nonfunctional prefix/postfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. It's a nice plugin overall and I use it a lot with TrainCarts, but the latest update made it so that I can't use format or color on dynamic signs.

9. Can you give an example of what doesn't work? Also, this on version 1.12.2-v3?

I did change some things related to color ( a lot actually- ) but that was to fix it not applying color, not break it :p

#14 TeamBergerhealer, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  10. Oh, I just updated the plugin and it started working. Thanks!

11. Having issues with with SignLink since I updated Signlink, Traincarts and BKCommonlib.
    These are my timings: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=gajuhiqola

My values.yml is empty. When I start using Traincarts, the TPS drops. Any idea how to fix this?

12. Thank you for the timings! I assume this is a fairly large server with a lot of players on it, and a lot of activity happening (redstone, etc.)?
    I'm noticing "TCListener::eek:nBlockPhysics(BlockPhysicsEvent)", which was a new handler added to traincarts to handle and disable block physics for upside-down rails. I will make some adjustments in Traincarts to this handler to make it a bit speedier for operations like these.

There is indeed a bit of a problem with the update() task in SignLink. All this task does is call VirtualSign.updateAll() every tick, which has the task of refreshing all signs globally on the server. Considering you use TrainCarts, there will probably be a lot of signs, and here lies the issue. It was worse before where it did a refresh of every single sign, it now does that less frequently, but there may be something else that is eating up processing time.

Just to be sure, this is on the very latest build of signlink? ( 1.12.2-v3 )

I'm going to subdivide the updateAll() task into two separate tasks that does slightly different things so I can better narrow down what is slow. It is either the sign ordering update function, or the sign updating itself. I'll let you know in PM when I have a test build available.

13. Hi @TeamBergerhealer, good to see you here as well :)
    Btw you mind fixing this? I believe the characters in the boxes should be yellow instead of the colour of the rightmost colour code of the variable name...
    [​IMG]

14. Haha, it should, yeah. Typical case of text formatting not getting reset. Happens when the variable value stores colors inside. Should be quite trivial to fix though, so I'll do that now real quick.

EDIT: this build should fix it. https://ci.mg-dev.eu/job/SignLink/21/

Which reminds me, I never even published that version since october. I guess TrainCarts made me forget all about it. Some fixes had to do with tick lag if I remember right.

15. Hello, sorry to bother you again... but I noticed some issues when a variable is set to scroll across multiple signs

It seems like the other signs can't keep up with the source... and I don't believe my TPS is at fault (although it is lower than 20... actually, it's above 19)