Sigot CPU on startup servers

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by feerko, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Hi everyone.

I create a small server with mini games - 100-150 online players. Each arena is a separate server. After winning the arena server restarts. Additional servers are started If there are lot of players. I have a dedicated server with Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 6c/12t 3.5 GHz/3.8 GHz, 128 GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz

Generally, the server consumes no more than 20% of the cpu.
    Spigot consumes a lot of CPU when servers arena startup - 80-90% of my all CPU's.

What are the solutions?

2. At startup is normal thats also like when your computer is starting that consumes for a short time a lot from your CPU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's not normal :/

Attached Files:

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

server startups are always cpu heavy. don't think you can do something about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. More Cores, so the load spreads out. But you also want more Ghz at the same time for the cores. Good question

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Restarting a server has benefits of cleaning all garbage.

//edit: PLEASE Use multi quote option

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MiniDigger

Supporter

restarting is always better. no need to care about world reset. no need to care about memory leaks. its just easier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Choosing a dedicated server with more cores will be a good choice?

9. Depends on their single threaded/core performance which you can find on cpubenchmark.net

10. Yes because it's for multiple things so the cores are doing the work not the Ghz. But it still is depending on the Ghz

11. For minecraft I`d recommend by searching it on cpubenchmark.net.....