Spigot SimpleGlow 2.1

A simple glowing plugin perfect for donors

1. NameTagEdit

2. Hey! At the moment the only Nametag editing plugin which SimpleGlow currently supports is TAB by NEZNAMY
    I do have plans to add support for other plugins in the future although due to real life commitments this could be a while!
    Sorry :(

3. Hey, the placeholder api extanstion doesn't work for me. there is always an error.

failed to load class files of expansions java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: me/simpleglow_api/randomtomato/SimpleGlowExpansion has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 59.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0 at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:314) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:319) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1702) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1692) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:290) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1020) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1656) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1594) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:177) ~[?:?] Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: me/simpleglow_api/randomtomato/SimpleGlowExpansion has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 59.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:?] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1017) ~[?:?] at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:174) ~[?:?] at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:550) ~[?:?] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:458) ~[?:?] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:452) ~[?:?] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:451) ~[?:?] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:589) ~[?:?] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522) ~[?:?] at me.clip.placeholderapi.util.FileUtil.findClass(FileUtil.java:63) ~[?:?] at me.clip.placeholderapi.expansion.manager.LocalExpansionManager.lambda$findExpansionInFile$4(LocalExpansionManager.java:319) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1700) ~[?:?] ... 6 more

4. Hey! Are you by any chance using Java 16?? :)

5. In the new version the color doesn't change, What should I do?

6. Hey! Are you using any TAB altering plugins? :)

7. i have added the PAPi expansion and attempted to add the suffix into player names through luckperms and the glow still only appears as white. im on 1.18.1 and using TAB

8. Hii,
    In the TAB "groups.yml" config can you set do the following

Code (YAML):
     tagprefix: '%vault-prefix%%simpleglow_glow_colour%'
    And let me know if that works!

Thanks
    RandomTomato

#111 RandomTomato, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022

9. i put the line in the groups.yml and still no results

10. Hi, would you be able to show me what you have in the file?

Thanks
    RandomTomato

11. Sure here is my groups.yml file.
    Code (YAML):

Owner
    : null
    Admin
    Player
    example_group
    :
      header
    :
     - This is an example of per-group header/footer
      footer
    :
     - applied to a group
    per-world
    :
      world1
    :
        Owner
    _DEFAULT_
    :
      tagprefix
    : '%vault-prefix%%scavengedshores_glow_colour%'
      tabprefix
    : '%vault-prefix%'
      tagprefix
    : '%vault-prefix%'
      tabsuffix
    : '%afk%'
      tagsuffix
    : '%afk%'
      customtabname
    : '%essentialsnick%'
      customtagname
    : '%essentialsnick%'

12. Hi,

You have tagprefix duplicated twice! Can you remove the second one for me and let me know if that works?

Thanks
    RandomTomato

13. The vault prefixes? Remove one of those lines?

14. paper update broken the plugin:

[18:00:12 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling SimpleGlow v2.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Team name 'SimpleGlow13' is already in use
    at org.apache.commons.lang.Validate.isTrue(Validate.java:136) ~[commons-lang-2.6.jar:2.6]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_18_R2.scoreboard.CraftScoreboard.registerNewTeam(CraftScoreboard.java:204) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at me.glow.randomtomato.GlowHandler.registerGlowColours(GlowHandler.java:41) ~[SimpleGlow.jar:?]
    at me.glow.randomtomato.Main.onEnable(Main.java:14) ~[SimpleGlow.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264) ~[purpur-api-1.18.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:370) ~[purpur-api-1.18.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:501) ~[purpur-api-1.18.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
    at com.rylinaux.plugman.util.PluginUtil.load(PluginUtil.java:309) ~[PlugManX.jar:?]
    at com.rylinaux.plugman.command.LoadCommand.execute(LoadCommand.java:120) ~[PlugManX.jar:?]
    at com.rylinaux.plugman.PlugManCommandHandler.onCommand(PlugManCommandHandler.java:95) ~[PlugManX.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:45) ~[purpur-api-1.18.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:172) ~[purpur-api-1.18.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_18_R2.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:905) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.server.network.ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.handleCommand(ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.java:2389) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.network.ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.handleChat(ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.java:2200) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.network.ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.handleChat(ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.java:2181) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ServerboundChatPacket.handle(ServerboundChatPacket.java:46) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ServerboundChatPacket.a(ServerboundChatPacket.java:6) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.network.protocol.PacketUtils.lambda$ensureRunningOnSameThread$1(PacketUtils.java:51) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.TickTask.run(TickTask.java:18) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.doRunTask(BlockableEventLoop.java:153) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.doRunTask(ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.java:23) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.doRunTask(MinecraftServer.java:1426) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:188) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.pollTask(BlockableEventLoop.java:126) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.pollTaskInternal(MinecraftServer.java:1403) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.pollTask(MinecraftServer.java:1396) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.managedBlock(BlockableEventLoop.java:136) ~[?:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tickServer(MinecraftServer.java:1474) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.runServer(MinecraftServer.java:1246) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.lambda$spin$1(MinecraftServer.java:320) ~[purpur-1.18.2.jar:git-Purpur-1596]

15. Hi, you have the "tagprefix" key twice! :)

Thanks
    RandomTomato

16. Where do I have it?