Spigot SlimeWorldManager 2.2.1

Load your worlds faster, and store them using less space!

1. Hi, I have this error when trying to create a world

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    com.grinderwolf.swm.api.world.properties.SlimePropertyMap.toCompound()Lcom/grinderwolf/swm/internal/com/flowpowered/nbt/CompoundTag;
    at com.grinderwolf.swm.nms.CraftSlimeWorld.serialize(CraftSlimeWorld.java:128)
    at com.grinderwolf.swm.plugin.SWMPlugin.createEmptyWorld(SWMPlugin.java:286)
    at com.grinderwolf.swm.plugin.commands.sub.CreateWorldCmd.lambda$onCommand$1(CreateWorldCmd.java:81)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:53)
    ... 3 more

2. Andre_601

Supporter

Did you follow the actual steps on how to install and use SWM?
    Also, you may want to use Advanced SlimeWorldManager, as this one here feels pretty much abandoned at this point.

3. I'm currently looking into using this plugin for minigame maps, since this seems like a perfect solution and far more performant than my current way of storing schematics in the server folder and syncing them between servers during an update. I have a few questions though.

1. How is the latency/performance of storing the world in a remote MySQL server? (30ms of ping currently and potentially up to 100ms in the future, but good transfer speeds)

2. My network is currently 1.12, so if I store some worlds into MySQL with SlimeWorldManager, will it be easy to update these worlds to Advanced SlimeWorldManager on 1.16+ when I update my network?

4. Andre_601

Supporter

While I can't say something about your first question would I like to mention that ASWM is an inofficial fork of SWM and the original dev may or may not support it. You should better ask the dev of the fork on their Spigot discussion about if upgrading to newer version could result in unwanted problems.

5. Ok, actually after reading the documentation on how to install it, it seems like I can just store all the worlds in a single server with Multiverse before converting them, and after updating I can just convert them all again to avoid any issues. So I don't think there will be a problem with upgrading.

I still am concerned with the MySQL server with higher latency though. I will have to try it myself and set up master-slave replication if a remote MySQL isn't good enough. For now, do you know whether the servers load all worlds into memory upon starting the server, or can they be loaded dynamically (when a game starts on a certain map, only that map is loaded)?

6. Andre_601

Supporter

From what I know are all worlds loaded that are saved within the slime_worlds folder (Or on the database in your case), so you may need to figure out a system to dynamically add/remove worlds when needed.

7. latency is only a matter for one-time world file download into the server, it won't matter after that

8. Does this work with 1.16.*?

9. Andre_601

Supporter