Bungee - Proxy SlingShot 2.0

When a server goes down, send the players to your lobby!

1. Revilo410 submitted a new resource:

SlingShot - SlingShot kicked/disconnected players to your lobby server!

Read more about this resource...

2. Needs some love and tender to work on 1.12.2

3. Revilo410 updated SlingShot with a new update entry:

SlingShot 1.1 - Plugin refinements and built against 1.13 API

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. how is this different from "movemenow" by roblabla?

5. I hadn’t seen that plugin before so gave it a quick search. They appear to be very similar (as are most plugins of the same type listed on spigot), but they are configured to work a bit differently. The config listed on the page for that plugin let’s you white or black list based on words in the kick message, this plugin instead offers you to black list based on server. Additionally this plugin now allows you to specify a custom kick message when the lobby server goes down which didn’t appear to be present in the other plugins config.

But that’s just from a first glance, I haven’t used the other plugin. This was a small plugin I wrote ages ago for a server I administrate to fix a problem we’d been having.

I will in the future be looking to add more customisable options to this plugin :) but I work on other plugins which are higher priority.

6. Isn't this error a problem with this plugin? https://pastebin.com/wu45qvp6, Can't find the problem

EDIT: Tested it and it is from this plugin..

#6 timr2000, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  7. Hi there,

I'm sorry that it took me a few days to reply to this report, unfortunately I have been exceptionally busy recently with real life things and this is a small utility plugin which is not my top priority. Usually I don't have any issues with a plugin this simple, it 'just works' for the most part.

How do you know that the error is from SlingShot? I cannot see anything in that error message to indicate this, but could be missing something. Also it appears you are using Waterfall. I have never used Waterfall in my life and definitely do not actively support it, but its my understanding any bungeecord plugin should work on it. However; this could potentially be the cause.

Also could you please provide me with some more information regarding your server versions / setup, and any steps to re-create the error as it is not something I have seen before.

( In the future I would appreciate a quick message on Spigot as opposed to a bad review. Yes it did get my attention and remind me that there was a new reply in the slingshot discussion thread, but a private message would have accomplished exactly the same thing. Unfortunately it can be a real challenge to keep on top of multiple plugin discussion threads, while also working on updates to 1.13 for a large server I administrate. Then coupled in with a load of things going on in real life as well I hope you can realise why it might take me a day or two to get back to some issues. )

As always, thanks for using the plugin though, and I will do my best to see if I can fix this issue :)

Thanks,
    Revilo

8. The blacklist is useful, but it would be nice if upon inclusion of specific text in the kick message, a player wouldn't be sent to the lobby. So for example, if a player is kicked from a server with the message "/kick (player) Reason: AFK for too long", Slingshot would ignore that kick (because the text "AFK" was included in the kick message), or something of the sort.

• Like Like x 1
  9. This is something I think can be implemented fairly easily :) I shall see what I can do!

10. I'm about to release a version 1.1.1 to fix an issue with Waterfall, but for version 1.2 I will make sure to include the kick reason option

11. Revilo410 updated SlingShot with a new update entry:

SlingShot 1.1.1 - Fixes issue with Waterfall fork of BungeeCord

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you for the update, supporting recent bungeecord builds

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi, I'm having an issue.

Basically some players get kicked from our Towny server, then by X reason if the lobby is down they are kicked from the whole network. However we have an issue, the %REASON% placeholder is not being replaced by the original reason, like it should, its being replaced by the last server
    kick instead. Could you fix this?

14. I recommend looking into PlayerBalancer as an alternative.

15. Hi there,

I'm not sure I fully understand your setup, but the config file has options to specify messages for normal kicks, and also the kick if the lobby is down. You can use %REASON% in both.

Code (YAML):
    ##############################################################
    #                         GENERAL INFO                       #
    ##############################################################

#Server to slingshot to (CASE SENSITIVE)
    target
    : "lobby"

#Message to send to slingshotted players
    #%REASON% will use the original kick reason
    : "&a&oYou have been returned to the lobby for reason&f: %REASON%"

#If the "slingshot" target server goes down, then the player will be kicked
    #This is the message to show the kicked player
    #%REASON% will use the original kick reason
    kick-message
    : "The lobby server was not available, so you have been kicked from the network"

# Servers to exclude from slingshot (CASE SENSITIVE)
    # List like:
    # no_slingshot:
    # - Server1
    # - Server2
    # etc.

no_slingshot
    : []

16. Yes, it says
    However, this isn't the case as the reason being replaced is not the original one

For example, people get kicked out of the Towny server with reason: Kicked by an OP.
    Then they are redirected to the Lobby, however if the Lobby is down they are disconnected from the Network with the disconnect reason being that the lobby is not available, and it should be "Kicked by an OP"

17. Hi,
    Thanks for this, I see what you are saying now! I will see what I can do :)

18. 1.13.2 not' work ~
    [19:40:28] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins\返回大廳slingshot-1.1.1.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:154) ~[spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1ba5fe-3359cb1]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1ba5fe-3359cb1]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:320) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1ba5fe-3359cb1]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:213) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1ba5fe-3359cb1]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:702) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-a1ba5fe-3359cb1]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_201]
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Jar does not contain plugin.yml
    ... 6 more

19. Hi, SlingShot is a bungeecord plugin and you are trying to run it from Spigot. Please put it in your proxy plugins folder.

Hope that helps :)

20. Just added slingshot to my network, works good. I feel it should use priority list of servers not just one server, is there a way to add this feature?