Spigot SmartGiants 2.3.9

Give Giants a brain! Optional natural spawning, optionally hostile, custom drops.

1. Bukkit was bought by Mojang. Bukkit dev team wasnt aware of this for years, when they found out they closed the Bukkit project because of butthurt. They issued a DMCA takedown on their own project to get all forks closed as well (classic case of "its my ball, and i dont want to play anymore"). The DMCA was filed on the bases that CraftBukkit (and all forks) were distributing GPL licensed code (craftbukkit code) along side non-GPL licensed code (mojang's code). Since the GPL strictly forbids this the DMCA is legit and all forks were shutdown as well. All versions of CraftBukkit (and forks like Spigot) of versions 1.7.x and below all fall under this redistribution law (as stated in the GPL license), making it illegal to distribute in any way (aka, you can't legally obtain a copy of those jars anymore). This is why Spigot responded with 1.8 using BuildTools. BuildTools allows Spigot team to distribute the GPL licensed code by itself, which is perfectly legal under the GPL license and is not effected by the DMCA takedown. The GPL and non-GPL codes are downloaded from different sources and combined on the client's PC with the help of BuildTools.

TL;DR: Versions 1.8.x and above redistribution is perfectly legal. Versions 1.7.x and below is illegal to redistribute. Because of this, a lot of projects have chosen not to support 1.7.x and below. Get over it.

2. #202 Resoluciones, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  3. This is all I need

public Boolean SmartGiantAPI.isSmartGiant(Entity entity){
    return true if the entity is a SmartGiant, false if not.
    }

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. It practically is. This is why pre-releases exist, so we can start working on updates _before_ official is released. Not much is going to change between now and release other than bug fixes. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'm not interested in supporting incomplete software.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Uh.. Pre-release software is not incomplete. If it was incomplete it would be a Beta. Pre-release means "its done, no more is getting added, we're just fixing bugs now"

But ok..

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. We can wait jjm_223 no problem! Thank you very much for your nice plugin!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I agree. I use mc1.12-pre5 to find bugs in my plugin which will then be fixed when mc1.12 is released. I only use mc1.12-pre5 for on my test-server.

@jjm_223 if you start now you will be Mc1.12 ready the same day the final mc1.12 is released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. If you grab the plugin from the plugin manager, you'll get a SmartGiants object which has the method getGiantTools, this will return an interface (IGiantTools) with the method isSmartGiant. This isn't intended to be an official API, but it's there if you want to use it. I may include something more formal later.
    It's clear we're not on the same page, and I respect that. It's a decision I've made- and by all means have a right to make- as the developer of this plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MobHunting now supports SmartGiants. SmartGiants are added to the statistics and the players get rewards like for all other mobs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. I thought I had managed to make the code, but it seems that Im having a problem. I need your help!

Either I don't know how to spawn i SmartGiant or the isSmartGiant does not work or ????
    1) I have tried to spawn a smartgiant using "/spawnmob giant" but it is not detected as SmartGiant? How do I spawn a SmartGiant?
    2) Following your instructions this I how I test if the entity is a SmartGiant:
    But my code does not work ??? (the parameter "supported" is true when SmartGiants is loaded)

What am I doing wrong?

#212 Rocologo, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  12. I found the problem. It was my settings in config.yml, I was not aware that the SmartGiants was "disabled"

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Perhaps this post would have been better suited for your discussion thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Okay??? I dont see why this is a problem, but I dont mind deleting my post....

15. wtf. it's deffinitly suited for BOTH discussions

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. It's a feature update for MobHunting, not SmartGiants. In my mind there are better places for it.

Regardless, I appreciate it.

17. Every time I turn around I bump into Rocologo making his plugin comparable with yet another plugin. Don't you wish all devs cared so much?

jjm_223, if you'd like a suggestion you've introduced the idea that giants like apples. I'd suggest the following. If a giant has gone agro and is tracking a player then that player switches to an apple in their hand the zombie goes non-agro. Just a thought. :)

18. While I appreciate the suggestion, letting apples calm them would likely detract from whatever challenge they are. I don't think this change would be well received by many of those that use their aggressive AI.

• Like Like x 1