Spigot SMP Spectator Mode - 1.17 Support 2.1.5

Enables players to use spectator mode but not allow them to teleport, despawn mobs, and more!

1. What is the error?
    As far as I know, it does not.

2. S

Simply says no perms even though I'm op, when deoped and given admin permissions using Luckperms it says the same message. Doing commands like smpspectator:s just results in nothing being sent in chat and nothing happening.

3. What is your permission setup? And is there anything in the console when you do this?

4. checking right now

5. Do you plan to implement this? It would be very useful to prevent moderators from teleporting when not in spectator. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi,
    Could you make it in the config where it can limit how far they can travel in spectator mode? It can be used for people for building and such on servers. Its the first of a kind so far that allows for that if you do that. Its like not being able to teleport to players but also stop them from flying all the way over to the player.

7. You can use the
    Code (Text):
    distance
    and the
    Code (Text):
    enforce-distance
    values in the config to do this

8. Hello, any option to disable all other commands while in /s. Because of teleporting to other worlds, they can keep conduit/night vision. Might have some weird thing with multiverse inventories as well.

9. Hello. There is a config value of “bad-commands” where you can put specific commands that should be blacklisted. Are you looking for every single command except for /s?

10. Yea. That should work tho, I din't notice it!

11. Currently players can not move while in spectator mode without smpspectator.bypass. I want them to be able to move through anything transparent and thats it, but they are completely locked in place.

enabled: true
    speed: true
    night-vision: true
    conduit: true
    max-speed: 5
    teleport-back: true
    seffect: true
    enforce-worlds: true
    worlds-allowed:
    - bskyblock_world
    - bskyblock_world_nether
    - bskyblock_world_the_end
    enforce-y: true
    y-level: 256
    disallow-non-transparent-blocks: true
    disallow-all-blocks: false
    disallowed-blocks: []
    bubble-size: 35
    enforce-distance: true
    distance: 1000
    minimum-health: 20
    prevent-teleport: true
    bad-commands: []
    enforce-world-border: true
    disable-switching-message: false
    silence-survival-mode-message-on-join: true
    placeholder-mob: true
    update-checker: true
    closest-hostile: 5
    detach-leads: true

12. Hello. The problem is with your y-level value. Because the players are below 256 they are not allowed to move.

13. I think this new update has been causing crashes on my server
    Ever since I updated to the recent one, it has been crashing my server

[00:33:26] [Paper Watchdog Thread/INFO]: Stopping main thread (Ignore any thread death message you see! - DO NOT REPORT THREAD DEATH TO PAPER)
    [00:33:26] [Server thread/ERROR]: [global] TIMING_STACK_CORRUPTION - Look above this for any errors and report this to Paper unless it has a plugin in the stack trace (TimingIdentifier{id=Minecraft:world - Sync Chunk Load} did not stopTiming)
    [00:33:26] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event ChunkLoadEvent to SpectatorMode v1.5.1
    java.lang.ThreadDeath: null
    at java.lang.Thread.stop(Thread.java:942) [?:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:881) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-638]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.DedicatedServer.stop(DedicatedServer.java:746) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-638]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R3.MinecraftServer.close(MinecraftServer.java:853) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-638]
    at org.spigotmc.WatchdogThread.run(WatchdogThread.java:161) ~[patched_1.16.5.jar:git-Paper-638]
    [00:33:26] [Server thread/ERROR]: [global] TIMING_STACK_CORRUPTION - Look above this for any errors and report this to Paper unless it has a plugin in the stack trace (TimingIdentifier{id=Minecraft:world - Sync Chunk Load} did not stopTiming)
    [00:33:26] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event ChunkLoadEvent to SpectatorMode v1.5.1
    java.lang.ThreadDeath: null

14. What is your config file and what actions is the player making before the crash happens? (like exiting survival after going very far away)